And we're back!

Main Menu

Sweden, land of 'ratzilla'

Started by Syt, March 27, 2014, 09:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Queequeg on March 27, 2014, 11:51:08 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 27, 2014, 11:01:52 AM
Aren't rats famous for being able to gnaw through anything?
Rodents have constantly growing teeth. That's why they gnaw at stuff. They are amazing animals.

Amazingly disgusting.  And ferrets for pets. :yuk:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Tamas

The Brain

Old crones have spots of constantly growing weird facial hair. Doesn't make them amazing.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Speaking of rodents, it is almost time for my annual spring campaign against the rabbit menace.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2014, 11:55:27 AM
Speaking of rodents, it is almost time for my annual spring campaign against the rabbit menace.

:Joos ?

Ed Anger

Sadly, no Gruppenfuhrer Drut to assist me this year.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Queequeg

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 27, 2014, 11:53:53 AM
Rodents have constantly growing teeth. That's why they gnaw at stuff. They are amazing animals.

TBH I wonder a lot of the time if the human hatred of rats is because we recognize so many of our most basic qualities (omnivorous, all-encompassing diet, complex social behavior, ability to thrive in any environment no matter the extremity or uncleanliness) in them.  Besides being our neighbor, they are kind of spiritual kin. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Brain

Caliga

Quote from: Queequeg on March 27, 2014, 12:07:24 PM
TBH I wonder a lot of the time if the human hatred of rats is because we recognize so many of our most basic qualities (omnivorous, all-encompassing diet, complex social behavior, ability to thrive in any environment no matter the extremity or uncleanliness) in them.  Besides being our neighbor, they are kind of spiritual kin.
I wonder if it could also be the fact that they invade our houses, piss and shit all over the place, and cause significant property damage. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 27, 2014, 11:53:53 AM

or, you know, it could be because they're the vector for several diseases, and in the past a mouse or rat infestation could have devastated a communities food store and caused mass starvation.

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on March 27, 2014, 12:13:22 PM
I wonder if it could also be the fact that they invade our houses, piss and shit all over the place, and cause significant property damage. :hmm:

:hmm:

Queequeg

Hatred of rats is a pretty peculiarly European, or at least Abrahamic thing.  In India there is Karni Mata temple, and it is a symbol of the zodiac in China. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on March 27, 2014, 12:13:22 PM
thats also why we hate in laws :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Queequeg on March 27, 2014, 12:25:03 PM
Hatred of rats is a pretty peculiarly European, or at least Abrahamic thing.  In India there is Karni Mata temple, and it is a symbol of the zodiac in China. 
india "rat hunter" are a low caste for a reason. They dislike rats so much that those with contact with them are looked down upon.