News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are your thoughts on onions?

Started by merithyn, March 26, 2014, 01:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on March 26, 2014, 02:23:15 PM
Pickles are my one 100% irrational food dislike, going right back to my childhood.

It doesn't make sense - I like cucumbers, and I like it when other things are pickled.  But traditional pickles themselves?  No thanks.
PICKLES :mmm:

I've yet to find a pickle I don't like: onion, egg, turnip, gherkin, fish, all :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 26, 2014, 09:07:34 PM
How about pickled pigs feet?
Alas I've never encountered them :(

I do quite like trotters though :Embarrass:
Let's bomb Russia!

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Norgy on March 26, 2014, 02:27:52 PM
It's definitely an acquired taste, and I can relate. Same with pickled beets. And you don't know how bad the pickled herring and shite can get.

I seriously fiend for pickled herring on crackers. :mmm:

Onions, however... if they're not on a burger or in an onion ring, they can go fuck themselves.  Disgusting little waxy buggers.
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

Speaking of onion rings, I can only eat the chopped version, not the whole version.

And I dunk them into a giant pool of ketchup.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 26, 2014, 09:41:20 PM
Speaking of onion rings, I can only eat the chopped version, not the whole version.

And I dunk them into a giant pool of ketchup.

You can talk about Type 6 all day long, but THIS... this made me nauseous. :x
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

I love ketchup. Nectar of kings and emperors.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I eat the ketchup of the 1%, 'fancy' ketchup.

Capetan Mihali

I've never seen chopped onion rings.  Or anybody chop up their whole onion rings, for that matter.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

BK sells chopped style onion rings. Usually ice cold, but that is another issue.

garbon

Well you are at Burger King which would appear to be the main issue. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I was busy today and shoveled 2 hamburgers and an an order of onion rings down my maw.   :blush:

I think I left the bag in my jeep.  :blush:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 26, 2014, 10:33:43 PM
I was busy today and shoveled 2 hamburgers and an an order of onion rings down my maw.   :blush:

I think I left the bag in my jeep.  :blush:

I think you've just described one of my lunch breaks each week. :blush:
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

I love onions. I love them raw and I love them cooked.

Since onions are virtually the only Korean side dish I can stomach I've ate a ton since moving to Korea.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point