Ebola and other Epidemics, Inadequate Healthcare Threatens Millions

Started by mongers, March 23, 2014, 04:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Cancel the Ebola-scare, we apparently have an outbreak of listeria which has killed 12 Danes!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

If I was still living in my small Hungarian hometown I wouldn't care at all, as it would only get there when all of Europe is already dying out of it. But here just next to London? I do have a slight concern.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Once again from Science-Based Medicine:

Yet another plague panic

Thirty plus years in medicine has given me some perspective as has infectious diseases (ID). One of the almost TNTC cool things about ID is that infections, unlike the diseases of modernity, have been plaguing humans since before we were humans.

There is a sense, a usually unvoiced assumption, on the part of many people that we are supposed to be healthy, that our default mode is good health and that with the proper diet and attitude we could obtain the health that was ours before the fall.

I think not. I see no perfection in any human, except maybe my wife who would achieve perfection if only she liked beer and steak.

We are a hodgepodge of anatomic and physiologic compromises that allowed us to spread across the world. But if you like to read history, you realize that most of the time we died like flies from infections, trauma and other medical problems. The variations that allowed us to survive malaria or tuberculosis led to sickle crises and the metabolic syndrome. Even with evolution no good mutation ever goes unpunished.

Read the full article at the link, you lazy gits. :P

CountDeMoney

Languish rally point is Camp Anger.  Between his stash of MREs and all the Fancy Ketchup packs he's lifted from MickeyD's Happy Meals, we could ride out the Rapture.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2014, 10:02:07 AM
Languish rally point is Camp Anger.  Between his stash of MREs and all the Fancy Ketchup packs he's lifted from MickeyD's Happy Meals, we could ride out the Rapture.

I have 3000 rounds of 7.62 ammo. You fucks won't get over the wall.

Plus the twins will contribute with their Henry rifles.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 12, 2014, 11:25:25 AM

We will infiltrate when you are distracted by taking a particularly significant poop, and posting about it.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

You put up a tough guy act but when the apocalypse comes you will relish in your role as our Supreme Ruler.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

I really doubt the ability of Languish Aspies to infiltrate anything.

OMG, THIS WALL ISNT PERFECTLY LEVEL
WHY DOES HE HAVE 2 SHEDS?
OH MY GOD, THERE IS A CROSS ABOVE HIS FRONT DOOR. RELIGIONWHARGARBL

Valmy

We Languish posters are more than a match for the likes of you, 'Two Sheds'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 12, 2014, 11:32:25 AM
I really doubt the ability of Languish Aspies to infiltrate anything.

OMG, THIS WALL ISNT PERFECTLY LEVEL
WHY DOES HE HAVE 2 SHEDS?
OH MY GOD, THERE IS A CROSS ABOVE HIS FRONT DOOR. RELIGIONWHARGARBL

crooked wall, two sheds, cross above the door - go it

Any other personal information you'd care to share?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Also, fuck you all. I wouldn't piss on you people if you was on fire.

derspiess

Aim small, miss small.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall