Main Menu

What do we do about Michael Jackson?

Started by Barrister, March 08, 2019, 01:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: Barrister on March 08, 2019, 01:55:12 PM
So, the Simpsons are pulling the Michael Jackson episode from distribution - the one where Jackson plays the voice of a white mental patient who comes home with Homer from the mental hospital.

https://slate.com/culture/2019/03/michael-jackson-simpsons-episode-featuring-singers-voice-to-be-pulled-from-circulation.html

All of this is a result of a documentary entitled Leaving Neverland, which interviews in depth two men who were repeatedly sexually molested by Jackson as young boys.  Jackson of course was tried and acquitted on very similar charges back in the 90s.

I've seen and heard online discussions about whether it is right to still listen to Jackson's music, whether wedding DJs should play his music, that kind of thing.

So what say you Languish?  Is it right to still listen to Jackson's music?  Should radio stations stop playing his songs?  Or do you still doubt that Jackson was a serial sexual abuser?

I think the SJW's should burn everything MJ to the ground.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Oexmelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 08, 2019, 07:27:17 PMThere is a difference between listening to a song (or watching a movie) by yourself, and doing it as a public act. 

This is a good criteria/guideline.
Que le grand cric me croque !