News helicopter crashes near Space Needle

Started by garbon, March 18, 2014, 10:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/news-helicopter-crashes-near-space-needle-151000517.html

QuoteA news helicopter for KOMO-TV has crashed outside its station near the Seattle Space Needle.

The station says the copter was apparently coming in for a landing on its rooftop Tuesday morning when it possibly hit the side of the building and went down, hitting several vehicles on Broad Street.

The copter and cars exploded in flames and casualties were reported.

People in the area reported seeing a huge cloud of smoke as firefighters and police responded.

:(

And then people commenting being lovely:

"If only Obama and Pelosi and Biden were all on it....or getting out of a limo below when it crashed to the sidewalk....sigh....."

"least they know where the helicopter is"

"must be Putin's doing, right Libs?"
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on March 18, 2014, 10:22:04 AM

:(

And then people commenting being lovely:

"If only Obama and Pelosi and Biden were all on it....or getting out of a limo below when it crashed to the sidewalk....sigh....."

"least they know where the helicopter is"

Hey, you allied with these people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 18, 2014, 11:40:06 AM

By that logic, you also allied with fringe freaks.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on March 18, 2014, 11:45:46 AM

Hold up... he IS one of the fringe freaks.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Nah, I wouldn't call Raz fringe, just hyperpartisan.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

My daughter is about a half mile from where this happened.  She couldn't figure out why everyone in the world she knew texted her all at the same time asking about a helicopter crash and if she was OK.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 18, 2014, 02:43:20 PM
Nah, I wouldn't call Raz fringe, just hyperpartisan.

Actually I'm just argumentative.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Maximus

Quote from: derspiess on March 18, 2014, 11:45:46 AM

Raz can't see nuance within categories of people. What applies to one person in a category applies to all.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 18, 2014, 10:22:04 AM

Huh?  Conservatives are pro-Putin and pro-Russia now according to this guy?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on March 19, 2014, 01:23:01 PM
Huh?  Conservatives are pro-Putin and pro-Russia now according to this guy?
Yeah there's been some of that, especially among very socially conservatives. But, obviously, it's rare and there's been lots of push back by other, saner conservatives.
Let's bomb Russia!