Which "Star Trek: The Next Generation" Character Are You?

Started by garbon, March 19, 2014, 08:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2014, 12:13:54 PM
Is Wes supposed to be a prodigy?  I thought he was just supposed to be a dork and a puss.

Prodigy. Warp bubble manipulator.

Syt

They toned his derpiness/miracle child stuff down from the 3rd season onward, and the stories involving him become a lot better. I guess "Evolution" would have been the tipping point where for once his tech wizardry was not the solution but the cause of a major problem. And he was confronted with a guy who was like him and ended up rather pathetic single-minded researcher.

Originally, Gene wanted him as the focal character on the show. And a girl instead of a boy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sophie Scholl

You got: William Riker
You're the one who makes it so and keeps things running shipshape, but your aversion to taking total responsibility in your professional life can sometimes lead you to be a shameless flirt. It's fine, though, because we all know you'll end up with Troi.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on March 19, 2014, 12:09:21 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 19, 2014, 09:55:11 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 19, 2014, 09:39:03 AM
Ugh.  These Buzzfeed polls are like a plague on the internet.

This one isn't though. If only because it has revealed how many languishites are like the boy wonder. :)

I question the methodology.

I don't think you are supposed to take them seriously like you would Astrology. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on March 19, 2014, 01:23:54 PM
Originally, Gene wanted him as the focal character on the show. And a girl instead of a boy.
:bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 19, 2014, 02:09:00 PM
I don't think you are supposed to take them seriously like you would Astrology. :mellow:

Astrology is serious business.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on March 19, 2014, 01:23:54 PM
They toned his derpiness/miracle child stuff down from the 3rd season onward, and the stories involving him become a lot better. I guess "Evolution" would have been the tipping point where for once his tech wizardry was not the solution but the cause of a major problem. And he was confronted with a guy who was like him and ended up rather pathetic single-minded researcher.

I was curious, and looked it up.

QuoteDuring the early development of the series, Robert Justman convinced Roddenberry to change the character into a female, with the name "Leslie Crusher". As Justman told him, "Geez, everybody has boy teenagers; let's do a girl. Let's explore the problems that female adolescents go through, you know, because that's never done." However, the character was later turned back into a boy, as in the original concept. (Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion), [1].

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Wesley_Crusher
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Caliga

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

dps

Caliga

I'm Deanna Troi. :cool:  Time to go play with my boobs, ta-ta!

sbr