NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Neil, March 17, 2014, 03:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

The HR graphic is hilarious.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 16, 2014, 04:50:41 PM
I'll be doing on-field tech support, not some lazy-ass union gig.

:lol: Like playing, or refereeing?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2014, 11:44:21 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 16, 2014, 04:50:41 PM
I'll be doing on-field tech support, not some lazy-ass union gig.

:lol: Like playing, or refereeing?

Yeah.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

So I guess Tony Dungy is going to be sent to a reeducation camp, judging by the reaction in the sports media to his recent comments.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/07/21/tony-dungy-michael-sam/12941579/
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

It's not surprising, Tony's never hidden the fact that he's an uber-Christian Reverend Cleophus James.  And guess what, they don't like fags.

CountDeMoney

Ray Rice only gets two games.  Good for you, NFL, for recognizing that domestic violence is a private matter between two people in love, and who are we to judge?

CountDeMoney

Stay classy, Cleveland!  :lol:

QuoteUrination on Art Modell's grave 'disappointing and disrespectful,' cemetery says
By Jon Meoli The Baltimore Sun

12:19 p.m. EDT, July 24, 2014

Baltimore County police are investigating an incident in which a man in a Cleveland Browns jersey videotaped himself urinating on former Ravens owner Art Modell's grave, a spokeswoman said.

"There is a statute on the books that regulates disorderly or indecent conduct in a cemetery," county police spokeswoman Elise Armacost said in an email Wednesday. "They have to look at the video to see if the behavior depicted fits the statute. ... Also, Pikesville officers are reaching out to the cemetery to see if they wish to pursue the matter, if indeed a crime did occur."

Also, Pikesville officers are reaching out to the cemetery to see if they wish to pursue the matter, if indeed a crime did occur.

Armacost said the incident would be a misdemeanor crime if pursued. David Modell, Art Modell's son, said the family will file charges if the person is found.

"To some people, the man in that grave is Art Modell," David Modell said, adding that his late mother, Patricia, was also laid to rest at that location. "But to me, my brother, my children, and my wife, that's their father. That's their grandfather. ... Can any of your readers imagine, for one second, seeing someone do that to your parents' grave?

"The act is so offensive, and I'd like to publicly say, isn't enough enough? When is enough enough? It's a vile, piggish act of online cowardice by Mr. BrownsFan4Life [referring to the uploader]."

Modell went on to say the act was "incredibly distasteful, revolting, and mean-spirited."

"We will file charges," Modell said. "Absolutely will file charges. Whatever we can throw at him, that's what's going to happen."

A Druid Ridge Cemetery spokeswoman on Wednesday called the fan's action "disappointing and disrespectful."

Kim Tarleton, the spokeswoman, said visitors are asked to notify staff of any inappropriate behavior on the cemetery grounds, at which point appropriate action would be taken.

"We take the safety and security of our park very seriously," she said. "However, cemeteries, by their nature, are open to the public, so it would be unrealistic to restrict all access to the property."

The fan posted a video of the incident on YouTube last week under the username "BrownsFan4Life." In the video, he tears off an Ed Reed Ravens jersey to reveal a Browns jersey and then apparently urinates out the bottom of his pants leg using a catheter and a tube.

"I'm [urinating] on Art's grave," the man says in the video, before going into a diatribe ending with Modell's own words about how he "had no choice" but to move the Browns to Baltimore.

Video:

http://youtu.be/_kI70JlT3JM

Valmy

QuoteThe fan posted a video of the incident on YouTube last week under the username "BrownsFan4Life." In the video, he tears off an Ed Reed Ravens jersey to reveal a Browns jersey and then apparently urinates out the bottom of his pants leg using a catheter and a tube.

"I'm [urinating] on Art's grave," the man says in the video, before going into a diatribe ending with Modell's own words about how he "had no choice" but to move the Browns to Baltimore.

Bernie Kosar really needs to stop drinking.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

He voluntarily used a catheter?  That's a hard-core fan.

And Ray Rice's almost-total-lack-of-punishment: Wow.  Need to get the feminazis mobilized on this one.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2014, 08:30:26 AM
He voluntarily used a catheter?  That's a hard-core fan.

And Ray Rice's almost-total-lack-of-punishment: Wow.  Need to get the feminazis mobilized on this one.

I'm sure the fatties at Gawker/Deadspin/Jezebel are outraged.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 25, 2014, 08:35:45 AM
I'm sure the fatties at Gawker/Deadspin/Jezebel are outraged.

There's legit reason to be outraged, so they'll probably ignore it.

CountDeMoney

Nobody has seen this alleged tape of the alleged assault, except the Commissioner;  therefore, I will not judge this man in the court of public opinion.

derspiess

I'm not criticizing the league, let's be clear about that.

:unsure:

CountDeMoney

I bet you're not.  Not during the 90 day probationary period. :P

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2014, 08:30:26 AM

They should have banned him for the season, and then settled for two games or whatever after a lengthy appeal process.  Win-win.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."