News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Atlanta's Food Deserts

Started by Syt, March 17, 2014, 07:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Get your own shopping cart.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Ideologue on March 17, 2014, 10:27:06 AM
I live within walking distance of a Krogers as well as three rich person grocery stores (Publix, Fresh Market, Whole Foods), and the Wal-mart is technically walkable, if I felt carrying 88lbs. of Diet Sam's Choice sodas two miles was a worthwhile endeavor.

You need to buy carbon credits* (payable to me) if you drive that trip :contract:

*or offsets or whatever
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

I live within walking distance of a Krogers as well as three rich person grocery stores (Publix, Fresh Market, Whole Foods), and the Wal-mart is technically walkable, if I felt carrying 88lbs. of Diet Sam's Choice sodas two miles was a worthwhile endeavor.

Publix is a rich person's grocery store?

I usually shop at Kroger because there is one just over half a mile away, but I think Publix is roughly the same prices as Kroger with nicer stores and a better deli.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 17, 2014, 10:31:05 AM

You need to buy carbon credits* (payable to me) if you drive that trip :contract:

*or offsets or whatever

I just giggle when I see those on checkout pages. EAT MY SMOG TREEHUGGERS.

Now give me my 15 boxes of Quisp.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: garbon on March 17, 2014, 09:35:02 AM
Quote from: Neil on March 17, 2014, 08:10:10 AM
Go pick up some produce at a stall?  Where can you do that?

I don't know, maybe it's the winters here that prevents those sorts of things from being set up, but I can't imagine doing that.
No farmers' markets in Canada?
Sure, but they're not open all the time, and are far, far away from where people live.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Brazen

garbon

Quote from: Neil on March 17, 2014, 10:36:36 AM

I don't know, maybe it's the winters here that prevents those sorts of things from being set up, but I can't imagine doing that.
Sure, but they're not open all the time, and are far, far away from where people live.

Ah, well I'd say that most major cities have one's in easy reach (New York City apparently has nearly one per neighborhood. :D) and many places can run one's year round (though not necessarily everyday).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on March 17, 2014, 10:32:41 AM
Publix is a rich person's grocery store?

I usually shop at Kroger because there is one just over half a mile away, but I think Publix is roughly the same prices as Kroger with nicer stores and a better deli.

If you ignore the specials and/or don't have a Kroger card, those will be pretty close. Otherwise, Publix is more expensive. Wal-Mart is of course the cheapest option.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on March 17, 2014, 07:48:23 AM
Ah, the south....  :lmfao:

Ah, the guardian....  :lmfao:

I love reading stories that confirm all my biases.

And what biases might those be, other than the racist ones we already know about?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Beats two pages of "Niggers? Let 'em starve!" Languish bullshit from you assfucks.

derspiess

Malthus

Dunno about Alberta but there is a huge one in downtown Toronto.

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-on/st-lawrence-market-toronto-named-world-best-food-145127435.html
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius