News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Wires, or the lack thereof

Started by Josquius, March 14, 2014, 09:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use a wireless or wired keyboard/mouse?

Keyboard-wired, mouse-wired
26 (60.5%)
keyboard-wired, mouse-wireless
2 (4.7%)
keyboard-wireless,mouse-wired
2 (4.7%)
keyboard-wireless,mouse-wireless
6 (14%)
Laptop keyboard, wireless mouse
2 (4.7%)
Laptop keyboard, wired mouse,
4 (9.3%)
Just a laptop
1 (2.3%)
Just a pad
0 (0%)
MIND CONTROL!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

dps

Wired keyboard and wired mouse.  Used a wireless mouse for a while, but the thing ate batteries like they were candy.  Never have tried a wireless keyboard.

celedhring

Quote from: dps on March 15, 2014, 01:36:21 PM
Used a wireless mouse for a while, but the thing ate batteries like they were candy.

Used to be like that, but current models behave much better. The one I currently use lasts around 3 months with a single AA battery.

Beenherebefore

I have two rigs. One is with wired keyboard and mouse, and is my powerhorse.
The second one is a mini-ITX that's in my living room, and for comfort, I use a wireless combo. A cheap one from Logitech. Hasn't let me down. Yet.
The artist formerly known as Norgy

KRonn

I use wired keyboard and mouse. A while ago, on my previous computer, I tried wireless mouse but it never worked well. Couldn't figure out why and so I developed a mistrust of wireless.

Valmy

I guess I don't really get the point of not having a wired keyboard and mouse.  The computer is just a few feet away and it saves me having to use batteries.  What exactly do I get from my battery investment?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Pedrito

Logitech Wired keyboard and mouse, after some years of a wireless combo that let me unsatisfied, especially in the keyboard.

I use a wired mouse for my laptop, too, because touchpads are the spawn of evil.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2014, 04:31:08 PM
I guess I don't really get the point of not having a wired keyboard and mouse.  The computer is just a few feet away and it saves me having to use batteries.  What exactly do I get from my battery investment?
Batteries really aren't an issue, they last for a long long time.
For me wireless is nice because I don't always just use my computer at my desk, its nice to be able to use it from in bed or on the floor too. If only my monitor was wireless too....
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

Whoa, all you mothefuckers are wired!!!

I cut the cord long ago.

Siege

Quote from: The Brain on March 16, 2014, 03:28:20 PM
Women shouldn't be coarse.

What?
Are her fingers too long for your ass?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on March 16, 2014, 03:28:20 PM
Women shouldn't be coarse.

I agree, and they should gasp when men use salty language in their presence.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

I use a wired keyboard and wireless mouse at home, and a wireless keyboard and wired mouse at work.   :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on March 16, 2014, 09:38:57 AM
Batteries really aren't an issue, they last for a long long time.
For me wireless is nice because I don't always just use my computer at my desk, its nice to be able to use it from in bed or on the floor too. If only my monitor was wireless too....

Yeah and they are also another thing that can go wrong that night I am doing that big report and suddenly I realize all the AAs were used on my kid's Thomas the Tank Engine set.

I guess that is a good point.  I do not have any beds near my computer and it never occurred to me to sit on the floor but if using the computer while moving around the room is important I can see that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."