News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The story of Street Fighter: The Movie

Started by Sheilbh, March 13, 2014, 10:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I've always felt that way about the dude, though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on March 13, 2014, 04:07:59 PM
I've always felt that way about the dude, though.

Caliga couldn't stand Van Damme before the hipsters thought it was cool.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Yeah, but Hipsters think van Damme is cool.  So that doesn't really work. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Wasn't van Damme always considered the least of the muscely action stars?  The Simpsons has that great line about "the Schwarzennegers, the Stallones, and to a much lesser extent the van Dammes!"
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on March 13, 2014, 04:10:46 PM

They only think he is cool ironically.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

In Van Damme's defense, after reading that he jackhammered Kylie Minogue during the shoot, my opinion of him has gone up a bit. :showoff:

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on March 13, 2014, 04:12:53 PM
In Van Damme's defense, after reading that he jackhammered Kylie Minogue during the shoot, my opinion of him has gone up a bit. :showoff:

I like how he said it would be abnormal NOT to have an affair with Kylie.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on March 13, 2014, 04:14:43 PM
I like how he said it would be abnormal NOT to have an affair with Kylie.
That factored in to my increased opinion actually. :lol:

Barrister

Quote from: Queequeg on March 13, 2014, 04:11:40 PM
Wasn't van Damme always considered the least of the muscely action stars?  The Simpsons has that great line about "the Schwarzennegers, the Stallones, and to a much lesser extent the van Dammes!"

Well, yeah.  Look at his movies when compared to the others - sold a hell of a lot less tickets.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Van Damme was never the kind of action superstar that the Planet Hollywood guys were.  He was hanging around the second-string with guys Segal or Chuck Norris.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Queequeg on March 13, 2014, 04:06:28 PMStallone's occasional flashes of actual talent.

That's pretty apt.  I thought he was great in "Cop Land"; without trying to be mean, he does dimwitted characters very well.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Well that is interesting.
Oh what could have been...imagine they had time to do it right- and this is pre-matrix, pre-CG everywhere days....

:yes:
That you would have to be a fool to not want to do it is true. But to actually be able to do it...nice.
Did she mean: I can't get Van Damme Out of My Head?
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on March 13, 2014, 04:12:28 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on March 13, 2014, 04:10:46 PM

They only think he is cool ironically.

Hipsters can't do irony.

But JCVD was a pretty good movie.