News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Southeast Area Meet

Started by alfred russel, March 12, 2014, 02:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Would anyone be up for a Southeast Area meet? Here are some ideas, based on geography:

--South Georgia--Okefenokee Swamp - I haven't done this in years, but it is fun to rent small boats to drive around the swamp. There is an old abandoned settlement you can visit on an island in the swamp. Lots of alligators and such.

--Macon, Georgia - There is a park with a bunch of Indian Mounds I've been wanting to visit for a while.

--Atlanta, Georgia - MLK Center, Kennesaw Mountain & Battlefield, Etowah Indian Mounds, Stone Mountain, etc.

--Mount Mitchell, North Carolina -- a good spot for somewhat light hiking that will get you to the highest point east of the Mississippi River.

I am based in Atlanta, and can drive a bit to get people if not absurdly far out of the way.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

Some good places to hide a body in that list.  :ph34r:

I have a full calendar this year, not sure when I will be available. When were you thinking?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Savonarola

I'm available in the fall.  North Carolina is a bit of a hike for me, but I can make anything else on the list.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

I'm actually going to be in Atlanta in May, dude.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 12, 2014, 02:37:49 PM

I have a full calendar this year, not sure when I will be available. When were you thinking?
You ever coming up to KY like you were talking about?

Eddie Teach

I might be up for the Okefenokee one. Don't really enjoy traveling though.   :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

Quote from: Caliga on March 12, 2014, 02:47:40 PM

You ever coming up to KY like you were talking about?

I'm hoping to have the time and money for fall.

This month I will be playing Expeditionary Sailor in a tent camp in Virginia.
Then I need to save up $ for July. My son and I will be driving/camping to Utah and Colorado. At 16 mpg I need to save up quite a bit. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

Like the next month or so.  :P

Really, I'd say whenever. A long time from now is good too.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on March 12, 2014, 02:47:05 PM

We can meet up, although I may be out of town for a weekend at the beginning of the month. When are you coming?

lustindarkness

I may have a couple of available weekends in April, but not much in the $ department. See, while I will be playing dirt sailor in a tent camp and moving cargo at 12 hour shifts in the cold windy Virginia, The Wife and The Kids will be at Disney World.  :wacko:

:hmm: But if I can make it a family weekend it may work out better. Kennesaw or Stone Mountain The Kids and The Wife can deal with it.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: alfred russel on March 12, 2014, 03:09:31 PM

We can meet up, although I may be out of town for a weekend at the beginning of the month. When are you coming?
Memorial Day (extended) weekend.  We're taking my great aunt and uncle who live in Johns Creek to a cabin on Lake Lanier. :)  I'm such a good boy.

PDH

I'm in for a Southeastern Wyoming Meet.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on March 12, 2014, 06:07:20 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on March 12, 2014, 03:09:31 PM

Memorial Day (extended) weekend.  We're taking my great aunt and uncle who live in Johns Creek to a cabin on Lake Lanier. :)  I'm such a good boy.

John's Creek is like 5 miles from me. I think I will be around then.

fhdz

Aww, man. That's exactly the opposite corner of the country from me.
and the horse you rode in on

alfred russel

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 12, 2014, 03:16:28 PM
I may have a couple of available weekends in April, but not much in the $ department. See, while I will be playing dirt sailor in a tent camp and moving cargo at 12 hour shifts in the cold windy Virginia, The Wife and The Kids will be at Disney World.  :wacko:

:hmm: But if I can make it a family weekend it may work out better. Kennesaw or Stone Mountain The Kids and The Wife can deal with it.

The beginning of April is out for me. There is a chance the second half is out too.  :(