And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 29, 2016, 03:59:41 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 29, 2016, 03:06:18 PM
I don't care for them in deserts so much but hating bananas? WTF?

What can I say? They are gross.

You're gross. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Valmy is very close to getting his honorary gay award revoked.  :mad:

Syt

Because I am in Switzerland I went to a Swedish smorgasbord. There were many varieties of herring and frikadeller, roasts, fish, langkal (i.e. Grünkohl, how I missed you), pastries etc.

It was really good, but with drinks it was ca. 90 Euros per person plus tip. Why you so expensive, Switzerland?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Liep on February 29, 2016, 04:05:32 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 28, 2016, 09:44:31 PM
Had some epic Shrimp Scampi yesterday, best Italian I've ever had in Korea.

But what I really want to be eating is this, looks so fucking good.

https://www.facebook.com/FoodNetwork/videos/10153336218096727/?pnref=story

Seems like you have a method of making that yourself pretty easily. :huh:

Don't have an oven or a waffle iron.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

You could get away with toasting or frying the nanner bread.

Caliga

Princesca and I ate dinner at a Pakistani restaurant earlier.  Other than us, every single other customer in there was a middle aged man by himself. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Yesterday I only had Cajun food.  Red beans and rice for lunch, and ham and sausage jambalaya (that I made in my Big Green Egg) for dinner. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

Phở chay. A vegetarian noodle soup, very good. The first time I've made Vietnamese food.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on March 26, 2016, 12:10:19 PM
Phở chay. A vegetarian noodle soup, very good. The first time I've made Vietnamese food.

:o

But yes, pho is life. Though generally better with chicken, mind. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Norgy

There's a lot of great stuff to choose from. I like it because it's spicy. Unless I can almost kill myself with chilies, it's not really worth it.

The beef and noodle soup is worth trying on a cold winter day. Very hearty.

Easter is the time for eating lamb here, but I am sort of vary of lamb. It's not really that good, unless you tenderise and put a lot of effort into it. So I had baked cod with pomegranate and herbs instead. And boiled then roasted barley with spinach.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2016, 12:34:31 PM

:o

But yes, pho is life. Though generally better with chicken, mind. ;)

I can imagine, but couldn't find any chicken stock and I really didn't have time to make it myself. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Hit up my first food truck of the summer: had pork schnitzel with fries and coleslaw. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately the city square where I go was overrun by a pro-life march.  Now that's where my sympathies lie on the issue, but they had to play all this insipid christian rock the whole time. :thumbsdown:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Capetan Mihali

Boy does it feel good to eat a ||pastrami on rye|| sandwich after so long.  With plenty of brown mustard and onions. :mmm:

Mediocre store-brand West Coast pastrami, of course, but it really doesn't matter.  Plus the good black rye bread and quality mustard offset it.

Just need to decide whether to wash it down with some ||seltzer water|| or the half-liter can of König Pilsener I have lying around. :hmm:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Savonarola

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on June 07, 2016, 07:34:51 AM
Boy does it feel good to eat a ||pastrami on rye|| sandwich after so long.  With plenty of brown mustard and onions. :mmm:

:thumbsup:

It's hard to find decent corned beef in this part of Florida.  When I was in Detroit last week I made a special point to go to the (((deli))) in order to get a Reuben.  It was amazing.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on June 07, 2016, 07:34:51 AM

Mediocre store-brand West Coast pastrami, of course, but it really doesn't matter.  Plus the good black rye bread and quality mustard offset it.

Just need to decide whether to wash it down with some ||seltzer water|| or the half-liter can of König Pilsener I have lying around. :hmm:

I betcha it'd have gone down great with a (((Goldstar))) Dark Lager :P  Bought me a six pack the other day, actually. Not bad.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall