News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Had a bison burger with smoked gouda cheese and a whiskey sauce at my hometown's best restaurant. Absolutely delicious. :mmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

Grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Papa John's Meat Lover's pizza.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 29, 2016, 08:23:10 PM
Had a bison burger with smoked gouda cheese and a whiskey sauce at my hometown's best restaurant. Absolutely delicious. :mmm:

McBison. :mmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on January 30, 2016, 03:25:07 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 29, 2016, 08:23:10 PM

McBison. :mmm:

For you, the day that you ate his burger was one of the best culinary experiences of your life. But for him, it was Friday.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Hey - on the weekend I had the three boys, plus a friend of theirs.

In order to get them (and me) out of the house I took them to McDonalds. Happy meals for everyone!

Except... this McDonalds has recently installed this new "Create your taste" kiosks, so I decided to try that.  You want up to this enormous touchscreen - it had to be 30" long.  And then you go ahead and special order your burger.  I went ahead and created some concoction with 2 patties, grilled onions, monterey jack cheese, lettuce and mustard.  Once you enter your order you pick up a little doohickey and sit down.

Then a few minutes later a server comes and brings you your food.  Yup.  Table service at McDonalds. :wacko:

The burger comes out on what is meant to look like a wooden cutting board, but is really just plastic.  If I'd ordered fries they'd have come in a little metal basket (I just ate some fries from the boys Happy Meals).

How was it?  Honestly it was pretty good.  Definitely a step up from typical McDonalds.  But it was also a $10 burger.  If you want a premium burger I'm not sure if you're better off going to McDonalds, or some other chain.

And also, I didn't see a lot of other people getting their food brought out (though that might have been because we were sitting next to the kids play structure).  I'm unconvinced this is going to be a hit for McDonalds.  It feels more like McPizza - which I remember liking at the time, but apparently was a disaster for the chain.

So there you go.  McDonalds Create Your Taste - I ate it so you don't have to.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

I had a burger from Five Guys. It didn't cost $10.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 02, 2016, 06:00:13 PM
I had a burger from Five Guys. It didn't cost $10.

I had one the other week and got to be 8.99 in pounds.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Liep

Veggie chili, roasted sweet potatoes instead of meat. YUM! It's much tastier and fuller than I imagined.

And of course there are beans in it. Lots of beans.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

Had some epic Shrimp Scampi yesterday, best Italian I've ever had in Korea.

But what I really want to be eating is this, looks so fucking good.

https://www.facebook.com/FoodNetwork/videos/10153336218096727/?pnref=story
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 28, 2016, 09:44:31 PM
Had some epic Shrimp Scampi yesterday, best Italian I've ever had in Korea.

But what I really want to be eating is this, looks so fucking good.

https://www.facebook.com/FoodNetwork/videos/10153336218096727/?pnref=story

Seems like you have a method of making that yourself pretty easily. :huh:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Though, I don't get the American fascination with bananas in deserts.

Admiral Yi

Jarheads shot up a lot of reds and banditos so we could eat those bananas.  It's a patriotic duty.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on February 29, 2016, 04:11:07 AM
Though, I don't get the American fascination with bananas in deserts.

They're yummy.