And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 30, 2015, 06:32:56 PM
It's a hot dog with chili on top.
I enjoy sucking on them outside the Tastee-Freez.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

The cold turkey is no more.  :showoff:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on January 02, 2016, 06:25:09 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 30, 2015, 06:32:56 PM
It's a hot dog with chili on top.
I enjoy sucking on them outside the Tastee-Freez.

Does Princesa know what you and Diane are up to?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Pågens kanelgifler. Best thing to ever come out of Sweden?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Made jambalaya in the Big Green Egg.  Easily the best jambalaya I've ever made, though the recipe I used oddly called for only ground beef and andouille. :hmm:

I'm definitely trying this one again without the ground beef and with chicken and/or shrimp, in addition to the andouille.

PRC

Quote from: Caliga on January 11, 2016, 08:50:49 PM
Made jambalaya in the Big Green Egg.  Easily the best jambalaya I've ever made, though the recipe I used oddly called for only ground beef and andouille. :hmm:

I'm definitely trying this one again without the ground beef and with chicken and/or shrimp, in addition to the andouille.

How is the Big Green Egg?  I've wanted one for years and my wife is receptive.  She'd like to do pizza in it, which it's certainly hot enough to do and you probably need a bigger one to do proper.  Anyways appreciate your review of it as they ain't cheap.

Caliga

I was eating leftover jambalaya today and discussing with my wife how EVERYTHING I've cooked in that thing has turned out awesome... not a single bad meal from it.

You can definitely do pizza and in fact, one of my Christmas presents was a pizza stone sized for the large BGE.  Will probably try a pizza within a month or so.  The BGE can easily be taken to and beyond 1000 degrees, yeah.  I've gotten mine as high as 800 for searing steaks.  One thing: the gaskets that the eggs ship with aren't really designed to withstand temps that high so you'll quickly burn them down if you do a lot of high temp cooking (or so I've heard).  Most people that do lots of pizzas either have multiple eggs, and that egg is gasket-less--gasket isn't so important with that kind of high temp cook--or they have gotten aftermarket Nomex gaskets.

Tonitrus

Endame spaghetti.

The texture just doesn't work.

celedhring

Made my own cinnamon rolls. They were: a success.

No reason to go to Starbucks anymore  :thumbsup:

Syt

Had gyoza, and fried noodles with duck from Sheng Long.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on January 17, 2016, 03:40:35 AM

I want in on this game too, I'm spending way too much money down at the bakery.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

I made my own Nutella and it is delicious.

A nuttier taste than the original, not so sweet, a little less smooth and a lot more expensive. Standard jar of Nutella is 39DKK and this had about 80DKK worth of ingredients for an equivalent amount, but it's organic and fair trade. :w00t: :greenzo:

Liep

Quote from: Liep on January 17, 2016, 11:22:17 AM
Quote from: celedhring on January 17, 2016, 03:40:35 AM

I want in on this game too, I'm spending way too much money down at the bakery.

Nailed it.