And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Bones, plus I thought the smoke didn't add much to the flavor.

Barrister

We cooked a big bone-in glazed ham for Easter.

:mmm:

My family has eaten plenty of ham, but usually cheap little hams where we didn't do much to prepare them other than reheat them.  This one, however, was marvellous.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Went to a coworker's place for Easter dinner, had chicken cooked in a dutch oven (with vegetables and butter) out in back over a fire with coals. 

Also, Mormons apparently make fantastic carrot cake.  :)

Liep

My butcher didn't have any lamb left so now I'm cooking Beef Rogan Josh.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on April 08, 2015, 10:29:45 AM
My butcher didn't have any lamb left so now I'm cooking Beef Rogan Josh.

You're cooking Josh? :o

Well, at least you won't go hungry anytime soon.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Last night I got another salmon filet, cut it up, and dry cured it with dark brown sugar, salt, and black pepper all night in the fridge.  The cure sucked all of the moisture out of the fish and basically turned it into gravlax.  I then let it air dry for four hours and am now hot smoking it over cherry wood. :cool:

Caliga

Put an apricot glaze on the filets a half hour before the end of smoke time and... one of the best meals I've ever made. :cool:

Jaron

You sure do get your moneys worth out of that smoker. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on April 19, 2015, 07:49:20 PM
You sure do get your moneys worth out of that smoker. :P
Damn straight.  If I keep using it like this, when it eventually breaks as all electric appliances do, Princesca will let me buy a BGE. :showoff:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

I just had a Moroccan cookie called a 'Croquant a l'ecorce d'orange'.  It's like a shortbread with a strong orange flavor to it.  Pretty good. :)

The Brain

Last night I had what I assume is similar to what Cal had. Hot browns, derby pie and mint juleps. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on May 03, 2015, 06:37:54 AM
Last night I had what I assume is similar to what Cal had. Hot browns, derby pie and mint juleps. :)
Nah, not really.  Here's what I had to eat yesterday:

Breakfast - bacon, egg, and cheese tortilla

Lunch - burger, fries, and derby pie*

Dinner - fettuccine pesto with a hefeweizen

*I had lunch at a semi-famous old country store called Carriss's Grocery.  The pie wasn't actual derby pie I don't think, because it didn't seem to have pecans in it.  Princesca swore there was peanut butter in it but I didn't taste any.

I'm not a huge hot brown fan, but I've eaten them plenty of times I guess.  I do like mint juleps but didn't make one yesterday.