News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Lamb vindaloo from the all-organic Indian takeout place.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

They also have organic cola:

:hipster:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Capetan Mihali

I was given a bunch of frozen Puerto Rican pasteles, which I'd never had before, and I ate them over the course of this weekend.  Ignore the cake-alluding name, they are similar I guess to tamales, except I think plantain meal is used as the flour instead of corn, and it's boiled after being wrapped in a banana leaf and tied with string.  These had chicken among other fillings, and were fantastic. :mmm:  A highly recommended choice if you find yourself at a Puerto Rican restaurant or at a big PR gathering with lots of home cooking.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

I'm gonna try hot smoking salmon this afternoon.  First time I've ever smoked fish. :)

Admiral Yi

Pappadoms, onion kulcha and lamb vindaloo.  I asked for the vindaloo between medium and hot, and it was perfect for me.  Plenty of bite, but no flop sweat.

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on April 04, 2015, 11:46:10 AM
I'm gonna try hot smoking salmon this afternoon.  First time I've ever smoked fish. :)
Came out perfect! :cool:

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 05, 2015, 06:29:48 PM
Pappadoms, onion kulcha and lamb vindaloo.  I asked for the vindaloo between medium and hot, and it was perfect for me.  Plenty of bite, but no flop sweat.
I know what the other two are but what's onion kulcha dude?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on April 05, 2015, 06:42:23 PM
I know what the other two are but what's onion kulcha dude?

Bread

Liep

Quote from: Caliga on April 05, 2015, 06:42:05 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 04, 2015, 11:46:10 AM
Came out perfect! :cool:

Have you tried herring? The entire island of Bornholm smells of smoked herring and I remember it tasting pretty good when I last visited.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Oh, that's like a naan with a pocket that they stuff shit in right?  If so yea I've had that.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on April 05, 2015, 06:47:46 PM
Oh, that's like a naan with a pocket that they stuff shit in right?  If so yea I've had that.

More scrambled in that omeletted.

And isn't naan the puffy one?  This was pretty flat and on the crispy side.

Caliga

No, puri is the puffy one.  Naan is the flat one.

Caliga

Quote from: Liep on April 05, 2015, 06:47:33 PM
Have you tried herring? The entire island of Bornholm smells of smoked herring and I remember it tasting pretty good when I last visited.
No, nobody around here eats herring and it's impossible to get fresh (only canned).  The next type of fish I'd probably try to smoke is trout.

Admiral Yi

I brought back some smoked trout when I went to Minnesoooota a while ago, and I have to say I didn't find it all that fun to eat.