News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Because the water tank can be years old and can have all kind of unpleasantries lining the walls and edges? :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

I just had a ham and egg sandwich. It was kind of like making an egg salad but substituting mustard with ham. Actually I think I would have liked it better if they had even kept in the ham but added mustard. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2015, 11:16:19 AM
Well, there's not many donut shops here. You can get a chocolate donut at most bakeries, but beyond that there's not much. It seems DD's is also serving bagles here, so that's a bit of a plus, but we have a few places for that already.

Their bagels though leave a lot to be desired.

I only like DD for its shitty iced coffee.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Spaghetti with kale pesto. Pretty good, and kale is much cheaper than basil here.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Eating pho in angel while listening to the talking heads. :)

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2015, 08:52:02 AM

:cool:

Though not sure what pho is.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: mongers on March 14, 2015, 08:56:46 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2015, 08:52:02 AM

:cool:

Though not sure what pho is.  :blush:

Well you need to get on that. Vietnamese noodle soup that is delicious!

Caliga

Pho is indeed delicious. :yes:

Ordered Nepalese food for dinner. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I'm always confused on how to pronounce it. Fo? Po? Similar with lahmacun (the c is actually pronounced like j in jungle).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

sbr

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 15, 2015, 01:10:55 AM
Like "foe".

That is the only way I have heard it pronounced.

Syt

I'm asking, because Ph in Thai words is usually pronounced more like P (yeah, I know not the same language, but they're in the general vicinity. :P ).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

I think it's pronounced with a short u sound, like good.

Tonitrus

Actually, now that I think about it, I believe I've heard it pronounced as "f-uh" (as in the "uh" sound) as well.