What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Are you referring to pajun?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 28, 2015, 10:48:03 PM
Are you referring to pajun?
No, although I do like pajeon, this was individual cakes rather than being a big flat disk of oyster bread. Guljeon?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Made one of my childhood staples. Frikadellen, with potatoes, peas, baby carrots and brown gravy. I think I overdid it a bit with the onions in the meat, though.

Artist's rendition:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Count on the Dane to show up at the mention of Frikadeller. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

I made French Toast for breakfast. Sadly, mine was cold after taking care of 5 Tasmanian devils.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on January 31, 2015, 08:45:03 AM
Count on the Dane to show up at the mention of Frikadeller. :P
I taught my mother in law how to make those for me.  She does a pretty good job actually.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I usually make enough for two or three meals. Because they make good snack food when cold. :mmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on January 31, 2015, 10:45:56 AM
I usually make enough for two or three meals. Because they make good snack food when cold. :mmm:
So does she, and yes I agree.  I put cold ones on hamburger buns and eat them with mustard. :cool:

Liep

Quote from: Caliga on January 31, 2015, 12:20:41 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 31, 2015, 10:45:56 AM
So does she, and yes I agree.  I put cold ones on hamburger buns and eat them with mustard. :cool:

:yes:

Frikadellesandwich. (Frekehdellehsanveets)
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Liep, I suppose you have something like German Zwiebelmett up there? It's raw minced pork, spiced, and with onion on top. Kind of like a pork version steak tartar, usually eaten on a bread roll.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

I don't think we have any dishes with raw meat in them here. :yuk:

Caliga

Quote from: Liep on January 31, 2015, 01:58:02 PM
I don't think we have any dishes with raw meat in them here. :yuk:
:huh: Steak tartare is delicious, as is sushi.