News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: alfred russel on January 03, 2015, 02:37:32 PM
I was thinking "pizza" for lunch today, my normal joint was closed, so I tried Papa Johns. Started eating, was still hungry, kept eating, ate the whole pizza, now I don't feel so good. Not a strong move.

You got a Garlic overdose.

You need a pepcid stat!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on January 03, 2015, 02:37:32 PM
I was thinking "pizza" for lunch today, my normal joint was closed, so I tried Papa Johns. Started eating, was still hungry, kept eating, ate the whole pizza, now I don't feel so good. Not a strong move.

:D

I'm torn between a Pizza Hut pizza and something lighter.  But I'm starving.

If Taco Bell wasn't five miles away I'd just go there.  They need to open a more convenient branch. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on January 03, 2015, 06:53:07 PM

I'm torn between a Pizza Hut pizza and something lighter. 

Something lighter than a pizza hut pizza?

I think you could say the same thing by writing:

"I'm not sure what to eat, I've ruled out eating bricks with liquid concrete to drink, but beyond that I haven't made up my mind."  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on January 03, 2015, 07:42:35 PM

"I'm not sure what to eat, I've ruled out eating bricks with liquid concrete to drink, but beyond that I haven't made up my mind."  :P

I got the Pizza Hut pizza. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on January 03, 2015, 07:57:31 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 03, 2015, 07:42:35 PM

I got the Pizza Hut pizza. -_-

My condolences.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Vegetables always taste raw on Pizza Hut pizzas.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Caliga

Ok, I'm starting to get a little tired of Harry Caray's.  Filet was good though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?
Kinemalogue

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on January 07, 2015, 06:01:36 AM
If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?
No.  If I was a Polish boy I might, though.

CountDeMoney

The best pizza joints are the out-of-the-way neighborhood ones that specialize in New York-style the size of trash can lids with enough grease to lube an RV, and like garbon says, you have to fold into an origami model of a XB-70 Valkyrie to eat.
Pizza Hut's only saving grace is their crust.  They opened a Little Caesar's here recently, but I'm hesitant to try it, as it may spoil what little positive memories i have of it.

Anybody have any "The Big Cheese" franchises near you?  Or is that just a Mobtown thing?

Tonitrus

I generally look down upon Little Caesers, but someone brought a ton into work one day, and for cheap-o crap pizza, it wasn't too bad.

Caliga

Recently we noticed that fish prices are in many cases lower than the price of chicken or pork around here. :huh:  So last week we had red snapper for dinner one night and tilapia the other, and bought tilapia filets again this week.  Last week we tossed the tilapia in a mix of ground almonds, flour, and polenta, pan fried in olive oil, and then drizzled with browned butter. :mmm:  Not sure how we'll do the tilapia this week.

jimmy olsen

Had a big plate of Korean clam cakes. :mmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point