News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

The Five Guys burger is definitely larger than those. You must have had the "little burger" with just one patty.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Well that unexpectedly turned into the battle of Tsushima for biscuit dunking. :bowler:  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

So what exactly is the difference between American cheese and cheddar cheese?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2017, 11:23:27 AM
So what exactly is the difference between American cheese and cheddar cheese?

Cheddar cheese goes through a process called "Cheddaring" which American cheese does not.  Wikipedia explains it far better than I could:

Quote"Cheddaring" refers to an additional step in the production of Cheddar cheese where, after heating, the curd is kneaded with salt, cut into cubes to drain the whey, and then stacked and turned. Strong, extra-mature Cheddar, sometimes called vintage, needs to be matured for up to 15 months. The cheese is kept at a constant temperature, often requiring special facilities. As with other hard cheese varieties produced worldwide, caves provide an ideal environment for maturing cheese; still, today, some Cheddar cheese is matured in the caves at Wookey Hole and Cheddar Gorge. Additionally, some versions of Cheddar cheese are smoked.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

Brussels pâté

Got it for 10p as today is today is last day it was labelled for sale. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on August 23, 2017, 08:29:12 AM
I've tried practically everything, and nothing works better on a cheeseburger than American cheese.

I like swiss on a burger.

Admiral Yi

Catfish is generally one of my least favorite fishes.  It's got kind of a gamey, sewagey, bottom-feeder flavor to it, and it's pretty tough for a fish, like they get locked up in rigor mortis when they're hooked.  People around here eat shitloads of it.

One of my uncles invited my dad and me over for a catfish fry, and I was expecting the usual.  But this was really good.  No sewage taste, and super tender.  I asked him how he does it and he says you soak it in buttermilk.  That's catfish I would be happy to eat any time.

Gups

Hosting a lunch. Missus has marinated a big lump of beef in some complex chilli sauce. I'm on egg fried rice duty. There's some kale and mushroom concoction going on too.

Struggled to think of an appropriate wine match to stand up to the chilli but would also work with the beef. Ended up choosing a 2010 paullic,50/50 Merlot and cab. Not sure it will work tho.

Eddie Teach

Drinking wine sounds like too much work.

garbon

Just had cuttlefish in black ink. Now I literally have black lips and a black tongue.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 22, 2017, 02:24:47 PM
Five Guys isn't that expensive, really. Maybe a buck or two more than the priciest selections at BK or McDonald's. Now Red Robin, they'll charge 15 bucks.

Just saw this.  You're full of shit.

CountDeMoney

Of minor note this day, I tried a naked egg taco at the Bell.

Jeers: not as big as the commercials make it look;  it's the kind of uninspiring prefab circle 'o egg that you'd see on a McMuffin
Cheers: not as bad as you would expect from something named a "naked egg taco" from Taco Bell; decent amount of hash brown wedges, cheese and bacon/sausage inside

While wrapped with a holder to maintain physical integrity, it loses points for portability and the critical eating-while-driving capability so important with fast food breakfast

3 Goddammit the McDonald's Drive-Thru Line Is Too Long Oh Well out of 5

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 20, 2017, 09:54:08 PM
Five Guys isn't that expensive, really. Maybe a buck or two more than the priciest selections at BK or McDonald's. Now Red Robin, they'll charge 15 bucks.

I'm not talking about Whoppers and Quarter Pounders.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 20, 2017, 11:49:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 20, 2017, 09:54:08 PM

I'm not talking about Whoppers and Quarter Pounders.

You are positing that:
1) Five Guys isn't that expensive.
2) Maybe a buck or two more than the priciest selection at BK or McDonald's.
3) Of which you're not talking about Whoppers and Quarter Pounders.

All this makes you:
1) full of shit.
2) Talking out of your ass.

garbon

Yeah, Five Guys is fairly pricey (unless one is used to NYC prices) - particularly so in London.

Actually, I've realised relative to £ and London prices, things don't seem to incredibly expensive here in Denmark.