News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 02, 2016, 08:49:44 AM
I haven't had a burger since last night! I haven't had chicken since Wednesday!

Eddie you're doing us proud.  :hug:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

My girlfriend got me a sous vide cooking thing you can control with WiFi for Christmas.

Tell me some good shit to make with it, people.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I made Chicken Quesadillas today and didn't poison anybody! Or burn them. Or throw them up 5 minutes after eating.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Six inch chicken terriyaki sub on honey oat with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions and honey mustard from Subway.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Steak fajitas from Taco Cabana
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Checking online to order food. "Oh, a new Chinese place."

*looks at menu*

Pig's ears ... pig's tongue ... veal tripe ... chicken feet ... jellyfish salad ...

:x

I think I'll just order a pizza.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on December 28, 2016, 01:11:45 PM
My girlfriend got me a sous vide cooking thing you can control with WiFi for Christmas.

Tell me some good shit to make with it, people.
You people are fucking USELESS.  :mad:

I'm hard boiling eggs in it right now and controlling it from my phone.  I love living in the future. *cue Jetsons theme*
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

Meat. Cook meat with it. Lots of high-end joints are using them to make perfect steaks. Once you get it out of the water flash it on a fire real quick or a castiron skillet to sear it and that's it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

I imagine Cal to be one of those guys who would just as soon flash a raw steak, and let the blood fill it up the plate while he eats it.  :yucky:

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

I had Chinese food, including a bit of fried squid. It tasted like shrimp.

garbon

Just had some wood pigeon accompanied by black pudding. There was a warning on menu that the pigeon might contain birdshot. It did!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I had pizza last night. How about you, Mongers?

Admiral Yi

T'other day I hit a hole in the wall Indian joint in Coralville.  Usually I order Lamb Vindaloo medium because I don't want to look like a putz when I can't handle it.  This time I said damn the torpedoes, crank it up to 11. Pretty damn spicy, but one notch below actual pain.