News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I have been looking for a good deli sandwich place for years since the only one in Austin closed down. I just do not understand why people go to Jason's Deli. So freaking dry.

Love Reubens so much. I miss them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Capetan Mihali

Also had ||lox and cream cheese|| the day before.  On toast, because the ||bagels|| suck here, and I can't find ||Temp-Tee|| brand cream cheese in my local supermarket; but again, the excellent NW Coast salmon makes up for it.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2016, 12:29:23 PM
I have been looking for a good deli sandwich place for years since the only one in Austin closed down. I just do not understand why people go to Jason's Deli. So freaking dry.

Love Reubens so much. I miss them.

One thing I miss about Winnipeg - there are hardly any jews in Alberta.  Which means no good delis. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Bagel shops here in the midwest suck mightily.  Not even any good chains.  I'd kill for an Einstein Bros. or Manhattan Bagel shop nearby.  Best I can get is from Panera :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

Bits and ends of (((Nova Lox))) with cream cheese, Philadelphia brand as (((Temp-Tee))) doesn't seem available out here, on toasted rye bread with sliced onions (alas, no capers laying around).  A quite delicious, and probably lower-cal substitute, where the bagels suck, as they do in the PNW.

Plus pickled asparagus and radishes on the sisde -- I am really going crazy for radishes these days :mmm: they just hit the spot and serve as an excellent vehicle for saot-- washed down with a fresh 2L bottle of (((seltzer water))).
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Bought White Castle for the kids. They destroyed the 30 slider box I bought.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I haven't had White Castle in a while. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Was talking with a colleague the other day about ice cream (he doesn't care for it...I consider myself a connoisseur).  He said that sometimes though, he would have just plain vanilla and mix in some regular peanut butter with it.  Intrigued, I tried this myself...some Tillamook Vanilla and JIF Extra-Crunchy.

It has changed my life.  :)

Barrister

I was at the Italian grocery store on the weekend to buy supplies for home-made pizza (very good, as always).

On a whim, I saw a bag of local artisanal beet chips, named "Droppin Mad Beets" :frusty:

But still, I love me some beets, so I thought I would give them a try.

They were... not good. :x :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on August 22, 2016, 10:16:30 PM
I was at the Italian grocery store on the weekend to buy supplies for home-made pizza (very good, as always).

On a whim, I saw a bag of local artisanal beet chips, named "Droppin Mad Beets" :frusty:

There's your problem right there.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on August 22, 2016, 10:16:30 PM

Were you "angry" about it? And did you then "drop" them in the garbage?

Well then.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Just ate some kudu pate.  Kudu is some kind of South African ruminant.  Tasted like a very light deviled ham.

Admiral Yi

Had my first Dairy Queen burger in about 35 years.  I remember them being pretty tasty but this was nothing.  Only toppings they had were pickle and onion.  And they charge $3.50 for fries.  :huh:

I'm done with you DQ.  Back to Wendy's.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 26, 2016, 06:26:40 PM
Had my first Dairy Queen burger in about 35 years.  I remember them being pretty tasty but this was nothing.  Only toppings they had were pickle and onion.  And they charge $3.50 for fries.  :huh:

I'm done with you DQ.  Back to Wendy's.

Yeah, DQ burgers aren't what they used to be.  A&W and Checkers lapped them years ago when it came to non-BCS burger joints.