News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RadioShack to close ~1,100 stores

Started by Caliga, March 05, 2014, 07:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2015, 01:30:27 PM
If I had stuck with it, I'd have been in the first wave of the PC revolutionaries of the early '90s.  But nooooo...POLITICAL SCIENCE WAS MORE FUNNER :bleeding:

Imagine that alternative universe CdM brilliantly maximizing shareholder value for his Silicon Valley megacorp.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2015, 01:33:35 PM
Imagine that alternative universe CdM explaining how he brilliantly maximizes shareholder value for his Silicon Valley megacorp.

Don't worry, my mother imagines it for me.  Every.  Fucking.  Day.  :frusty:

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2015, 01:30:27 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2015, 01:24:04 PM
Doing anything with computers in 1982 was a thousand times nerdier then than it is now.

Shut up.   :glare:  I could write in BASIC off the cuff.  Used to program my own "stories" using just graphics and sounds. 

If I had stuck with it, I'd have been in the first wave of the PC revolutionaries of the early '90s.  But nooooo...POLITICAL SCIENCE WAS MORE FUNNER :bleeding:

You sound just like me!  I was welded to my mighty Apple II, was writing a bunch of different programs in basic.

But I didn't want my whole life to be a gigantic :nerd: so rather than go with computer science (like many of my friends did) I went into geology, and then law.

But of course no matter what I'm still a pretty big nerd.  I met someone the other day, said what I did and she was surprised - she was sure I must work in IT. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2015, 01:36:05 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2015, 01:33:35 PM
Imagine that alternative universe CdM explaining how he brilliantly maximizes shareholder value for his Silicon Valley megacorp.

Don't worry, my mother imagines it for me.  Every.  Fucking.  Day.  :frusty:

It's not too late. :)

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on February 06, 2015, 02:03:22 PM
But of course no matter what I'm still a pretty big nerd.  I met someone the other day, said what I did and she was surprised - she was sure I must work in IT. <_<

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Welp, looks like the unemployment route is going to be the way to go.  Just found out Standard General already filed a motion to close all corporate RadioShacks in the US.
Experience bij!