after hours 7:59 PM ET
$ 2.02 USD -0.02 (0.98%)

CdMWatch says "Moderate Buy"

CdMM (Count de Mad Money)
and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2014, 11:35:47 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 05, 2014, 07:46:49 PM
Serious question:  Does anyone still go to RadioShack for anything?  Do they have anything you can't get at Target, WalMart, etc.? :hmm:

I needed a BNC connector at Christmas time.  And getting in and out of a Radio Shack is more convenient than all the bullshit that comes with dealing with a Target, WalMart, etc.
They were talking about this on Stern the other day and a couple of his staffers said that the reason they stopped going there is actually because it's become so inconvenient... that when you go to check out with your $3 connector they hold you hostage asking you your address, phone number, etc., and apparently do that every time you go there, as if they don't save your info in some database someplace.  No idea if it's true of course since I've not been in a RadioShack in forever.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on March 07, 2014, 06:28:16 AM
They were talking about this on Stern the other day and a couple of his staffers said that the reason they stopped going there is actually because it's become so inconvenient... that when you go to check out with your $3 connector they hold you hostage asking you your address, phone number, etc., and apparently do that every time you go there, as if they don't save your info in some database someplace.  No idea if it's true of course since I've not been in a RadioShack in forever.

That's when you say "No thanks".  Fuck, Americans are polite to the point of paralysis.  It's OK to say No, people.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2014, 11:52:13 PM
QuoteRadioShack Corp. RSH (U.S.: NYSE)

after hours 7:59 PM ET
$ 2.02 USD -0.02 (0.98%)

CdMWatch says "Moderate Buy"

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Filed for bankruptcy today.  Everyone's shocked, I'm sure. :sleep:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on February 05, 2015, 07:35:15 PM
Filed for bankruptcy today.  Everyone's shocked, I'm sure. :sleep:

Yep.  Been following this.  My first question tomorrow is going to be: is Sprint buying the employees or just the stores?
Experience bij!

garbon

Oh no, where will people go to be sad?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

mongers

Oh dear. 

And CdM is right, Americans are too polite to say no; but Brits fall into the same trap, iirc the few times I went in to get something I too ended up filling in information each time at the till. And indeed that probably acted as a disincentive to use them.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2015, 07:39:57 PM

Walmart, where everybody will eventually be in 100 years.

Admiral Yi

I went to Wally's today with my mom to buy yarn.

The lady at the register looked like she was going to keel over any second.

Caliga

I like how when I go to Walmart there are 20 registers, and only like two or three of them are open at any given time.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2015, 07:45:30 PM
I went to Wally's today with my mom to buy yarn.

The lady at the register looked like she was going to keel over any second.

Yi spins a good yarn.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2015, 07:43:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2015, 07:39:57 PM

Walmart, where everybody will eventually be in 100 years.

I don't know. I mean I hate that Walmart but every time I visit I'm like:

and

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.