NJ teen loses first legal battle to make parents pay for education

Started by garbon, March 05, 2014, 07:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2014, 11:16:25 AM
I dont put much importance in the rankings within Canada because frankly after you get past U of T and UBC there is a pretty big drop off.   For example in the most recent rankings U of T was ranked 21 in the world and UBC was 30.  U of A came in around the 120s as I recall.

I thought McGill was competitive too?

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on March 10, 2014, 04:45:15 PM
I dont put much importance in the rankings within Canada because frankly after you get past U of T and UBC there is a pretty big drop off.   For example in the most recent rankings U of T was ranked 21 in the world and UBC was 30.  U of A came in around the 120s as I recall.

McGill is one spot below UBC, at #33 in the reputation rankings. http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2014/reputation-ranking
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on March 10, 2014, 04:50:27 PMMcGill is one spot below UBC, at #33 in the reputation rankings. http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2014/reputation-ranking

... that makes it harder for me to find the will to continue our snarky back and forth, though :(

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on March 10, 2014, 04:52:11 PM
... that makes it harder for me to find the will to continue our snarky back and forth, though :(

That's so yesterday.   :hug:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on March 10, 2014, 04:45:15 PM

It generally is.  But imo their high rankings are more a matter of resting on past glory.  University funding in that Province has been broken for some time now.  I am a bit surprised the results havent shown up in the rankings.

stjaba

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2014, 04:54:15 PM
Quote from: grumbler on March 10, 2014, 04:50:27 PM
McGill is one spot below UBC, at #33 in the reputation rankings. http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2014/reputation-ranking

Tied with UT Austin?  Ooooooh the indignity.

I liked how Texas A&M is ranked ahead of Brown. The list is clearly geared towards research universities since schools like Amherst aren't ranked, at least not in the top 100.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: stjaba on March 10, 2014, 05:46:59 PM
I liked how Texas A&M is ranked ahead of Brown. The list is clearly geared towards research universities since schools like Amherst aren't ranked, at least not in the top 100.
It is world "reputation," so, yeah, the research universities are going to dominate. 

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on March 10, 2014, 06:17:09 PM
Below UDub, suck it Valmy!

I hadn't scrolled down far enough to see UDub, but you are right!  :P

You don't need to do any scrolling to see Michigan. :showoff:

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on March 10, 2014, 07:24:59 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 10, 2014, 06:17:09 PM
Below UDub, suck it Valmy!

I hadn't scrolled down far enough to see UDub, but you are right!  :P

You don't need to do any scrolling to see Michigan. :showoff:

I had to scroll to even see Harvard. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

They truly are the worst parents and pursued a horrible course of action.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on March 13, 2014, 09:50:33 AM
They truly are the worst parents and pursued a horrible course of action.

You are so judgmental.