News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

It's Texas Independence Day!

Started by Valmy, March 02, 2014, 07:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Huzzah!  On March 2nd 1836 a group of Mexican Patriots victimized by the unconstitutional and aggressive dictatorship of the long named Antonio de Padua María Severino López de Santa Anna y Pérez de Lebrón declared their glorious commitment to Lettowist principles.

Viva la revolución!

March 6th went less well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

If only they would declare independence again.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Oh yeah this was today.  Some nearby new/future failure bar mailed out fliers about some sort of party thing with Lone Star being even more stupidly cheap than it already is. 

Admiral Yi

Q1: Was it really just about slavery, or was there more to it than that?

Q2: What exactly does pinche mean?

MadBurgerMaker

Like that, it's kind of along the lines of "fucking." 

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2014, 08:42:47 PM
Q1: Was it really just about slavery, or was there more to it than that?

There was more to it than that, there were uprisings all over the place in Mexico and the Tejanos were generally for it (though it led to whitey flooding the State which turned out really bad for them in the long term).

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

It's a shame it's not on a fault line like California, and it can't slide off into the Gulf of Mexico one day.

sbr

Razgovory

They did.  Turns out declaring independence from Mexico is a lot easier then declaring from the US.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017