News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Today is the National Day of Sweden

Started by The Brain, June 06, 2009, 03:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palisadoes

The Swedish royal family have a lot of hot princesses!

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Norgy

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 06, 2009, 11:12:45 AM
Too tanned.
Indeed.  But that's always been her failing.  Really, she's a perfect representative of Sweden;  Just like all Swedes, she hates her Swedish heritage.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on June 06, 2009, 01:27:07 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 06, 2009, 11:12:45 AM
Too tanned.
Indeed.  But that's always been her failing.  Really, she's a perfect representative of Sweden;  Just like all Swedes, she hates her Swedish heritage.

She is the spawn of the House of Bernadotte after all. And we all know they are soft in the head.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Norgy

Mr.Penguin

Sweden cant even beat Denmark in football on their national day, though you could do better than this... :lol:

But congratulation with the day anyway...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Admiral Yi

Habbaku

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on June 06, 2009, 03:01:17 PM
Sweden cant even Denmark in football on their national day, though you could do better than this... :lol:

:huh:  I don't get your use of the verb "Denmark" in that sentence.  I thought it could only be used in reference to perishing from mines?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on June 06, 2009, 04:07:19 PM
Sweden cant even Denmark in football on their national day, though you could do better than this... :lol:

:huh:  I don't get your use of the verb "Denmark" in that sentence.  I thought it could only be used in reference to perishing from mines?

Nice :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Habbaku on June 06, 2009, 04:07:19 PM

fixed... :blush:
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 06, 2009, 03:27:26 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 06, 2009, 03:49:34 AM

A quiet table in the back please, not too close to the kitchen.

No you don't get it; that's prince Carl Philip.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

He looks like a MaĆ®tre d'.  ( I had to look it up to know how to spell it).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017