News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Anime Thread

Started by Monoriu, February 25, 2014, 08:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Why don't you find a legitimate site for watching Anime instead of stealing it? :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2017, 10:15:21 AM
Why don't you find a legitimate site for watching Anime instead of stealing it? :hmm:

Oh I am not worried.  Nyaa is, if I understand correctly, sort of like a yellow pages for the torrents.  The subbing groups are still producing the episodes, and the blu-ray rippers are still ripping the discs.  They just need to find a different way to tell everybody about it.  I am reasonably confident that somebody will make an nyaa copycat. 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on May 03, 2017, 10:24:26 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2017, 10:15:21 AM

Oh I am not worried.  Nyaa is, if I understand correctly, sort of like a yellow pages for the torrents.  The subbing groups are still producing the episodes, and the blu-ray rippers are still ripping the discs.  They just need to find a different way to tell everybody about it.  I am reasonably confident that somebody will make an nyaa copycat. 

I was meaning because you are an adult with a job who has no business consuming media like a teenager :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Crunchyroll is only $5 per month for anime and manga, plus a lot free if you don't mind ads.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Agelastus

Quote from: Monoriu on May 03, 2017, 10:10:39 AM
nyaa.se is down.  All signs point to permanent closure.  This is the biggest and most popular anime torrent site.  Rumour is that there is some sort of copyright court decision in Europe, and that probably made up the site owner's mind to pull the plug.  I have access to Chinese sites for daily updates, but nyaa is great for 1080 blu-ray rips and anime music.  Chinese are generally horrible about seeding. 

Hope somebody does a replacement site soon.  This is just another reminder that one cannot count on web resources being available forever.

Yes, I tried to access it and found out it was down this afternoon; looks like the online rumourmongers can't decide if it was a Dutch or a Swedish court decision that caused the owner to bolt.

It will be much missed, but as you say in your next post the subbers, and their sites, are still there. And there's already talk of a replacement site being founded.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on May 03, 2017, 11:18:05 AM
Crunchyroll is only $5 per month for anime and manga, plus a lot free if you don't mind ads.

Really Mono? You refuse to pay even $5 a month to support the media you like?

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2017, 11:43:55 AM

And this surprises you somehow?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I guess I just thought a fine civil servant like Mono would need a bit more to be drawn into corruption  :P

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

I don't pay money to 'support' stuff.  I pay money to get stuff that I otherwise can't get  :P

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on May 03, 2017, 05:49:29 PM

I don't pay money to 'support' stuff.  I pay money to get stuff that I otherwise can't get  :P

This is not donating to charity asshole this is not being a thief and criminal.

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2017, 06:10:13 PM

I don't do charity.  I also dislike any sort of monthly plans or subscriptions that take money from me regularly.  I think I only pay utilities, internet, flat management fees, carpark rental on a monthly basis.  Things that I can't avoid.  I don't subscribe to any media.   

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on May 03, 2017, 06:42:36 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2017, 06:10:13 PM

I don't do charity.  I also dislike any sort of monthly plans or subscriptions that take money from me regularly.  I think I only pay utilities, internet, flat management fees, carpark rental on a monthly basis.  Things that I can't avoid.  I don't subscribe to any media.   

So there is nowhere to buy it on a non-subscription basis? Bullshit.

Yeah nice rationalization asshole. You fucking steal from the people you are supposedly a fan of you entitled fuck. Go to hell.

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2017, 07:07:21 PM

So there is nowhere to buy it on a non-subscription basis? Bullshit.

Yeah nice rationalization asshole. You fucking steal from the people you are supposedly a fan of you entitled fuck. Go to hell.

Your first sentence.  I have not claimed that I cannot buy it on a non-subscription basis.  That's your interpretation only. 

:P on the rest of your post. 

Monoriu

It is official now.  RIP. 

QuoteOn May 1, 2017, NyaaTorrents officially ceased operations. At time of this writing, nothing remains of the site. These are actions taken by the owner of the site and not a result of some form of internal subversion or engagement by government or legal entities. The exact reasons for shutdown remain a mystery to all but the anonymous owner, but remaining former NT associates are led to believe that based on the circumstances surrounding closure, it was in response to recent court rulings that had the potential to affect site operations in the future. Rather than face this possibility, and any repercussions it would have on all parties involved, the owner decided to bring everything to a complete end. Based on operating principles, nothing will remain of the original site and all content, to include back-end, front-end, and all databases, has likely been purged.

There are no plans to continue any activity under the NyaaTorrents banner. Any projects that occur from here on out are not associated with the original site.

The above serves as an official statement by what remains of the site. Further questions can be directed via IRC to those remaining in #NyaaTorrents on irc.rizon.net.

- The (former) NyaaTorrents moderation staff