News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How often do you drink?

Started by Queequeg, February 13, 2014, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How often do you drink?

World consolidation into a few Mega States?
4 (6.2%)
More than 4 times a week, with some going in to extreme drunkenness
1 (1.5%)
More than 4 times a week, rarely to extreme drunkenness
12 (18.5%)
Between 4-2 times a week, with the occasional actual drunkenness
3 (4.6%)
Between 4-2 times a week, much less frequently to real drunkenness
9 (13.8%)
About once a week, frequently to real drunkenness
2 (3.1%)
About once a week, rarely to actual drunkenness
10 (15.4%)
Maybe once or twice a month, but frequently to actual drunkenness
2 (3.1%)
Maybe once or twice a month, and of that rarely to real drunkenness
9 (13.8%)
Very infrequently, only a few times a year or at special events.
6 (9.2%)
I have previously imbibed alcoholic drinks, but have not in a long time.
4 (6.2%)
It is prohibited by my religion.
0 (0%)
Never; it never appealed to me.
3 (4.6%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Josquius

Quote from: PJL on February 14, 2014, 04:23:51 AM
Quote from: Tyr on February 14, 2014, 01:42:45 AM
Yeah, so many other factors. Some nights I've drunk liters of vodka and felt fine the next morning, other nights I had two beers and felt like hell.

It's the dark stuff in beer (tannins?) that gives you the hangover. That why.

There's more than that. Other nights I've drank 10 beers and been fine.

Dehydration is the main thing. Falling asleep with the AC heater on=Ouch
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Aye, I make sure to drink copious amounts of water (even if it's hard) to mitigate hangovers.

Not sure if this has any scientific basis or I'm placebo-ing, but ingesting vitamin-C also seems to help me. Oh, and stomach protectors are a charm. A lot of the unpleasantness of a hangover is also derived from your stomach being unsettled so tackling that helps immensely.

Gups

I drink far too much. I try to have Mondays and Tuesdays off but that's about it. Usually open a bottle of wine with dinner every evening. The missus will have 1-2 glasses and I have the rest.

The Brain

Quote from: Gups on February 14, 2014, 05:06:09 AM
I drink far too much. I try to have Mondays and Tuesdays off but that's about it. Usually open a bottle of wine with dinner every evening. The missus will have 1-2 glasses and I have the rest.

Do you consider yourself to be an alcoholic?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Maybe 3-5 times a month, never to incoherence/passing out.

Sophie Scholl

I've been working in the bar industry/at a brewery for over a decade straight at this point in my life.  I generally drink 5-6 days a week, though only on rare occasions do I drink to the point I would consider myself drunk.  A lot of it is sampling the new beers that come in, sampling new beers from the local brewery, especially with their new pilot system, and trying out new beers to see if we want to purchase them for the bar. :cheers:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Larch

Usually a couple of times per week, some beers with my buddies mid week and a proper night out on friday or saturday. Throw in an additional day if there's a big game on tv in the middle of the week and we meet in a bar to watch it. Most of the time it's just beers, with liquour only when going out. It's been years since I last got properly drunk.

The Brain

Yeah. Big game on TV does mean a drink or two.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Just tried to remember the last time I passed out drunk... April 2011 it was, we were "celebrating" our last day working in a TV show, and passed out drinking vodka with the workmates the night before.

Fortunately we had planned ahead and had sod all to do during that last day at the office, but had to attend anyway  :lol:

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on February 14, 2014, 04:58:50 AM
Aye, I make sure to drink copious amounts of water (even if it's hard) to mitigate hangovers.

Not sure if this has any scientific basis or I'm placebo-ing, but ingesting vitamin-C also seems to help me. Oh, and stomach protectors are a charm. A lot of the unpleasantness of a hangover is also derived from your stomach being unsettled so tackling that helps immensely.

You shouldn't be using stomach protectors for that, they're medicines, not party helpers.

celedhring

:Embarrass:

They're an emergency solution though, if my stomach really feels bad. I have prescription for using them anyway, it's not that I lie to my physician in order to get them and get drunk more.

The Larch

:lol:

It's just a pet peeve of mine, I have a friend here who uses them every time she gets out and it irks me a bit. She also has legitimate stomach issues, but anyway that's not their proper use. That's what you get by being a pharmacist's son.  :P

Iormlund

It could be worse, she could be taking paracetamol.

Anyway, I used to get pissed every Saturday when I as young, though only three times to the point I had blackouts or vomited.
I've barely drank for the last decade. I did get embarrassingly drunk at my brother's wedding though. It's amazing how how much your tolerance drops after three years without a drop of alcohol entering your system. :P

Josephus

Not often anymore; but when I do I drink a lot.

Actually had a near death experience recently, alcohol related, which has caused me to consider quitting altogether. but havent.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Only time ever blacked out was when 22 or so. 12 beers and fifth of tequila will usually cause that to occur.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son