News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I wonder if that guy at Paradox is going to break out the 'mountie fagits' picture again.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Threviel

Quote from: Barrister on February 23, 2014, 08:50:23 AM
Quote from: Threviel on February 23, 2014, 08:34:04 AM
It looks like the Canadians will win. As much fun as Spain in soccer... :cry:

I don't get the reference...

Perhaps a bad comparison, should be more like Brazil. Sure, they are good and watching them play can be amusing, but they are winning so much that it becomes boring. Like Canada in Hockey.

Neil

ToughTluck for the Swedes.  One of their best players was hurt, and another was busted for banned substances.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on February 23, 2014, 09:25:47 AM
Well, Canada won the Olympics.

:yes:

Gold medals in hockey and curling, men and women.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on February 23, 2014, 11:07:57 AM

:yes:

Gold medals in hockey and curling, men and women.

And Russia finishes with the most medals, both gold and overall.

Pretty much a worst case scenario for the Olympics. (not that I hate Canada or there is anything wrong with you guys, but as far as hockey is concerned, you guys are the evil empire and our biggest rival--Russia is the only the biggest rival for the old people imo)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Malthus

Russia lost where it counted - in hockey.

Let the Russian judges vote themselves gold in figure skating or whatever; let them win a dozen medals in obscure speed skating events no-one watches. They lost in hockey, so they lost.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Nice touch on the 5th ring gag in the closing
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Canadians care a lot about hockey.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

I'm glad the US sorta fell on its face this Olympics.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Its too bad the short track ice was so bad. If it was decent we would have won the most gold medals again.

As it is we won all the gold medals that matter.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on February 23, 2014, 12:00:48 PM
Canadians care a lot about hockey.

And the Dutch care a lot about long track speed skating, the Norwegians care a lot about cross country skiing -  I wonder if you notice a trend here?

Tonitrus

So I guess that means Russia/USA/China care about....ZOMG WE R SUPER POWER...MUST BE WINNING IT ALL!!!111.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 23, 2014, 12:17:31 PM
So I guess that means Russia/USA/China care about....ZOMG WE R SUPER POWER...MUST BE WINNING IT ALL!!!111.

lol