News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

So blatantly waving and pointing to the logo on your nike ski gloves shouldn't be allowed at the Olympics. Mostly because it looks stupid. Silly Chinese.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Torah Bright is my new favourite athlete.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Quote from: PRC on February 12, 2014, 12:47:43 PM
Do we need spoilers in this thread for those not watching live? 

Anyways Sweden up 2-0 on the Czechs after the first period.

No, Sports spoilers don't exist.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 12, 2014, 12:59:50 PM
Quote from: PRC on February 12, 2014, 12:47:43 PM
Do we need spoilers in this thread for those not watching live? 

Anyways Sweden up 2-0 on the Czechs after the first period.

No, Sports spoilers don't exist.

I dunno - I think they do for international competition played while most people are sleeping or at work.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Quote from: Liep on February 12, 2014, 12:58:37 PM
Torah Bright is my new favourite athlete.

Silver, Gold deservedly to Farrington, a talented (in many ways) young American.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 12, 2014, 10:45:39 AM
Quote from: viper37 on February 12, 2014, 12:02:22 AM
It's a shame CC doesn't like hockey, he'll have to take a week off from this thread and olympic covering :(

Actually I enjoy watching Olympic hockey.  They play by international rules and thus there is no fighting.  For example I enjoyed watching the third period of the Women's game this morning. :)
there isn't really any fighting in the NHL playoffs either, you know.

I think the worst shit is during the fall, this is where you usually see lots of fights and nasty hits.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on February 12, 2014, 11:27:37 AM
Quote from: Barrister on February 12, 2014, 12:25:11 AM
What is surprising, shocking even, is Canada is in second with 9 medals, including 4 gold. :o

That is neither surprising nor shocking.  When it comes to the Winter Olympics the Canadians are a juggernaut of 1990s Detroit Red Wings-esque powah.  But that is to be expected since for most Canadians their daily commute is a winter sport.

This is the effect of B2Ten
Private initiative, with private and government funding, from the Federal and the provinces to support promising athletes.

It showed its effects in Vancouver for the 1st time, with the results we know.

They select the most promising athletes & sports and will support them, financially and technically. Best trainers, psychologists, physicians, etc, everything is there to support them, physically, technically and emotionnally.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 12, 2014, 11:05:05 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 12, 2014, 10:45:39 AM
Quote from: viper37 on February 12, 2014, 12:02:22 AM
It's a shame CC doesn't like hockey, he'll have to take a week off from this thread and olympic covering :(

Actually I enjoy watching Olympic hockey.  They play by international rules and thus there is no fighting.  For example I enjoyed watching the third period of the Women's game this morning. :)

Seriously? Your only grip with the NHL is the fighting?

No, but it is my biggest grip.  If they took fighting out of the league I would give it a second look.  To keep my as a fan they would also need to take out all hugging after the play is whistled dead.  I want to watch hockey, not bad wrestling and boxing.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sophie Scholl

Congrats to local girl done good Erin Hamlin! :thumbsup:  I've been digging the games as per usual.  The 7 point round against the US Women's curling team was insane.  I was watching that on the Canadian station we get locally and they cut away after that end.  I miss the Denmark team from 2010 in Women's Curling, as they were way cuter than the current crop.   Now I need to pick a new team to root for.  I can't wait for the hockey to start either.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

I think curling chicks look better than they truly are because the lighting off the ice is so flattering.