18. Stanford
19. Wisconsin
20. UCLA
21. Penn State
22. Oklahoma
23. North Carolina State
24. Michigan
25. Arizona

It looks like the SEC is going to dominate recruiting this year. Tennessee may be making a comeback--this is the first full recruiting season Butch Jones has been there--and they are obviously doing quite well (if their ranking is a bit inflated by having 34 commits). Kentucky is also doing quite well, in the first full recruiting season of Mark Stoops but off a 2-10 first season.

The ACC has Miami and FSU near the top, but no one else in the top 20. I know they have a coaching change, but it is odd to see Louisville off the board at 45 with Kentucky at #16 considering how the programs have fared the last few years. But recruiting has never been Petrino's thing.

The Big 10 is putting in a mediocre performance. Urban Meyer is kicking ass as SOP, but Michigan's class has fallen apart a bit after a strong start. Probably the brightest sport for the BIG outside of Columbus is that James Franklin has Penn State up at #21 with the sanctions and having just been hired. Franklin is going to be awesome for Penn State. Maryland has to hate that they let him go.

The Big 12 isn't doing well either. Texas is doing okay considering a coaching change at #14, but wtf Oklahoma? Down at #22 when UT is in turmoil, and Okie State is at #10 and Baylor at #17? OU may get some big time guys late that may help, but still..

The Pac 12 has 6 teams in the top 30, but the best is Arizona State at #12. I think Todd Graham is a good coach. UCLA may be a bit disappointed if they don't move higher, and USC is not doing great, but then USC is in transition. For point of comparison, the only other school with 6 teams in the top 30 is the SEC, which has 6 schools in the top 11.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

Huskies have moved up from 100 something to 54th, course that had to happen going from 5 signees to 19. But still waiting on local 4star DB who de-commited from Oregon and looking at UW and UCLA.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on February 03, 2014, 05:13:01 PM
The Big 12 isn't doing well either. Texas is doing okay considering a coaching change at #14, but wtf Oklahoma? Down at #22 when UT is in turmoil, and Okie State is at #10 and Baylor at #17? OU may get some big time guys late that may help, but still..

Outside of Texas and OU nobody in the Big 12 historically gets highly ranked recruiting classes, even top conference performers like Oklahoma State and K-State.

OU waived the white flag to Texas A&M, who was pounding them in Texas recruiting, and started recruiting nationally.  Texas is likely to get a few more guys but also lose some guys to LSU here coming up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

As much as I love my team I don't have enough interest to follow recruiting in the off-season.  Thankfully I have my brother to keep me up to date with his endless text messages :mellow:

Anyway, WVU gets to start off the season against-- Alabama.  Yippee.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 03, 2014, 05:18:47 PM
As much as I love my team I don't have enough interest to follow recruiting in the off-season.  Thankfully I have my brother to keep me up to date with his endless text messages :mellow:

I am only doing it now to see how the new coaching staff does.  Of Texas' 60 five and four star players they recruited the past four years only 1 was even first team all Big 12.  LOL. 

QuoteAnyway, WVU gets to start off the season against-- Alabama.  Yippee.

Yeah ok WVU just beat Iowa State and Kansas ok?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

alfred russel

Quote from: katmai on February 03, 2014, 05:15:05 PM
Huskies have moved up from 100 something to 54th, course that had to happen going from 5 signees to 19. But still waiting on local 4star DB who de-commited from Oregon and looking at UW and UCLA.

Scout has them at 42. It seems the quality is decent, but it is a smallish class. That isn't so bad when you have a late coaching change.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

PDH

Wyoming has recruited 20-some kids, many of whom are able to walk around on their own and presumably line up on the field.

It will take a few years for Wyoming to become dominant and get that invite to the Big 12.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2014, 05:21:13 PM

Slow down, there.  Gotta find a way to beat Towson first.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 03, 2014, 05:39:26 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2014, 05:21:13 PM

Slow down, there.  Gotta find a way to beat Towson first.

Aren't they the FCS National Champions?  Might be tough.

Edit: Oh no it looks like PDH's new coach crushed them.  If North Dakota State can do it so can WV.

Wait NDSU plays at the Fargodome?  I wonder if they have a wood chipper.

grumbler

Yeah, Michigan's class was small to begin with, and then losing out on both of their 5* defensive line targets really cramped their style.  I think that teams that go 7-6 like Michigan did will lose out in recruiting battles for the elite guys.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Quote from: alfred russel on February 03, 2014, 05:22:25 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 03, 2014, 05:15:05 PM

Scout has them at 42. It seems the quality is decent, but it is a smallish class. That isn't so bad when you have a late coaching change.

Cool, they should move up some more with 4 star OL picking them over Wisconsin and WSU today.

katmai

Quote from: katmai on February 03, 2014, 06:26:58 PM

Cool, they should move up some more with 4 star OL picking them over Wisconsin and WSU today.

And up to 37th with that commit.

Valmy

Texas just flipped a three star O-lineman from Colorado.  Hopefully just the start of a fast finish.