News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Australian Anti-Skipping School ad

Started by Solmyr, February 02, 2014, 12:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on February 03, 2014, 07:09:30 PM
The most disturbing thing to me is...the idea that it is necessary to make advertisements to discourage kids from skipping school.  When I first read the thread title I was like, "what do you mean by skipping school?  Is it even possible to skip school?"  After watching the video and thinking about it for a bit, I finally figured out that the kids are not having a vacation, but is not attending school when they are supposed to be.
:yeahright: Are you serious? Even in Korea at a good school my kids skip class sometimes.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

That is great.  Especially the outraged comments.  I rate this a 10 trolls out of 10

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 03, 2014, 08:22:51 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on February 03, 2014, 07:09:30 PM
The most disturbing thing to me is...the idea that it is necessary to make advertisements to discourage kids from skipping school.  When I first read the thread title I was like, "what do you mean by skipping school?  Is it even possible to skip school?"  After watching the video and thinking about it for a bit, I finally figured out that the kids are not having a vacation, but is not attending school when they are supposed to be.
:yeahright: Are you serious? Even in Korea at a good school my kids skip class sometimes.

I must admit that my experience is limited to my own school.  There, nobody skips class.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

So the kids are supposedly skipping school? I just thought they hadn't learnt to read due to them skipping school. Or that maybe it was just an ellaborate allegory about how a fast, careless life can lead to your ruin.

If they are skipping school, the only thing this ad teaches me is to not go to a military training area when I'm skipping school. Which I guess it's a decent advice.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on February 04, 2014, 09:09:54 AM
So the kids are supposedly skipping school? I just thought they hadn't learnt to read due to them skipping school. Or that maybe it was just an ellaborate allegory about how a fast, careless life can lead to your ruin.

If they are skipping school, the only thing this ad teaches me is to not go to a military training area when I'm skipping school. Which I guess it's a decent advice.

[old fart]Kids these days skip lessons to go to the beach? We stuck to arcades and billiard halls and we liked it![/old fart]

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on February 04, 2014, 09:14:22 AM
Quote from: celedhring on February 04, 2014, 09:09:54 AM

[old fart]Kids these days skip lessons to go to the beach? We stuck to arcades and billiard halls and we liked it![/old fart]

:yes:

How else could I become a Joust master?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive