News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dylan Farrow accuses Woody Allen

Started by Sheilbh, February 01, 2014, 09:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Iirc ephebophilia is not considered a pathology.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 09, 2014, 03:11:07 PM
makes his behavior in regard to Soon-Yi 100% reprehensible and indefensible.

Really? 100%? Isn't that a bit much?

:unsure:

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 09, 2014, 06:39:23 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 09, 2014, 03:11:07 PM
makes his behavior in regard to Soon-Yi 100% reprehensible and indefensible.

Really? 100%? Isn't that a bit much?

:unsure:

Otto has never let the truth get in the way of his little temper tantrums.  Soon-Yi Previn was 20 years old when she and Allen started spending time together (at Mia farrow's insistence).  But, let's all lie and say she was a teenager because, if she wasn't a teenager, Otto's entire rant looks like ass.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Ideologue on February 09, 2014, 05:46:40 PM
Iirc ephebophilia is not considered a pathology.

Right, and that's basically what I was saying. Attraction to teenagers isn't in itself what makes me think Allen *might* have a bad sexual pathology.

Men in proper parts of society regularly used to marry women in their teens who given older ages for puberty in the past would be no more developed than a modern 15 year old and nothing was considered wrong with it. I'm not saying being attracted to sexually developed but young women is a sign of pedophilia, I'm saying Allen being fine with crossing modern day strong taboos in itself suggests he has sexual appetites that are not easily suppressed and to me make it seem more likely that he would be a pedophile vs some random man on the street.

Like I said, most men have seen teenage girls they would like to bang but most would never act on it. Same to the daughter of a girlfriend that catches your eye. Woody gives off stranger danger vibes.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: grumbler on February 09, 2014, 08:06:42 PMOtto has never let the truth get in the way of his little temper tantrums.  Soon-Yi Previn was 20 years old when she and Allen started spending time together (at Mia farrow's insistence).  But, let's all lie and say she was a teenager because, if she wasn't a teenager, Otto's entire rant looks like ass.

Allen has confirmed their relationship began when she was 19, and wasn't discovered by Farrow until she was 20. I know that you're most likely a pedophile since IIRC you work(ed) in private schools that wouldn't find your record of kiddy diddling, but your pathology aside we know Allen began a relationship with Soon-Yi when she was a teenager. Which, as my post mentioned, is the second teenager we know he's banged, the other being 17 when her and Allen had a relationship (this was in the 70s and predated Farrow.) The story Allen and Stacey Nelkin (the 17 year old) have always maintained is any sexual contact between her and Allen that happened in Los Angeles happened after she turned 18 (as it would be a crime if it happened before then.)

Anyway, pedo, not sure how you read my post as a rant since I actually said I don't think the evidence in regards to Dylan is persuasive at all, and in fact I suspect Farrow had a strong hand in "shaping' Dylan's story. But I also stand by my opinion Allen is a creepy lecherous fuck I wouldn't want near any child of mine.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 09, 2014, 08:13:56 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 09, 2014, 08:06:42 PMOtto has never let the truth get in the way of his little temper tantrums.  Soon-Yi Previn was 20 years old when she and Allen started spending time together (at Mia farrow's insistence).  But, let's all lie and say she was a teenager because, if she wasn't a teenager, Otto's entire rant looks like ass.

Allen has confirmed their relationship began when she was 19, and wasn't discovered by Farrow until she was 20. I know that you're most likely a pedophile since IIRC you work(ed) in private schools that wouldn't find your record of kiddy diddling, but your pathology aside we know Allen began a relationship with Soon-Yi when she was a teenager. Which, as my post mentioned, is the second teenager we know he's banged, the other being 17 when her and Allen had a relationship (this was in the 70s and predated Farrow.) The story Allen and Stacey Nelkin (the 17 year old) have always maintained is any sexual contact between her and Allen that happened in Los Angeles happened after she turned 18 (as it would be a crime if it happened before then.)

Anyway, pedo, not sure how you read my post as a rant since I actually said I don't think the evidence in regards to Dylan is persuasive at all, and in fact I suspect Farrow had a strong hand in "shaping' Dylan's story. But I also stand by my opinion Allen is a creepy lecherous fuck I wouldn't want near any child of mine.
DAYUM! :o
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

I know that you're most likely a pedophile since IIRC you work(ed) in private schools that wouldn't find your record of kiddy diddling, but your pathology aside

Lulz
Stop: Otto Time!

QuoteBut I also stand by my opinion Allen is a creepy lecherous fuck I wouldn't want near any child of mine.

I'm not one to judge people when it comes to matters of the heart. :wub: 

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 09, 2014, 08:47:27 PM
I'm not one to judge people when it comes to matters of the heart. :wub: 

That might apply if the heart was the organ involved.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Now that's just hateful and hurtful.   :glare:

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 09, 2014, 08:52:07 PM

I don't think so - just more accurate.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2014, 08:54:52 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 09, 2014, 08:52:07 PM

I don't think so - just more accurate.

Just because your May-September romances usually involve asking for the 3-digit CVV code on the back of his credit card doesn't mean you have to pooh-pooh the random hearts of others.  :mad:

garbon

AmEx, the 4 digits are on the front. :contract:

grumbler

Allen has confirmed their relationship began when she was 19, and wasn't discovered by Farrow until she was 20.

Previn has confirmed that their relationship began when she was twenty, and that it wasn't discovered by Mia Farrow until 1992, when she was 21.  You can believe that Allen knows more about her age than she does, but I don't.

QuoteI know that you're most likely a pedophile since IIRC you work(ed) in private schools that wouldn't find your record of kiddy diddling, but your pathology aside we know Allen began a relationship with Soon-Yi when she was a teenager. Which, as my post mentioned, is the second teenager we know he's banged, the other being 17 when her and Allen had a relationship (this was in the 70s and predated Farrow.) The story Allen and Stacey Nelkin (the 17 year old) have always maintained is any sexual contact between her and Allen that happened in Los Angeles happened after she turned 18 (as it would be a crime if it happened before then.)

This is the lamest ad hom of all time.  Sorry, Otto, but it is so pathetic that it isn't even funny-pathetic, just pathetic-pathetic.  The Nelkin stuff is just :yawn:  A bit creepy?  Yeah, but Allen was a lot younger in 1976. 

QuoteAnyway, I am a pedo, not sure how you read my post as a rant since I actually said I don't think the evidence in regards to Dylan is persuasive at all, and in fact I suspect Farrow had a strong hand in "shaping' Dylan's story. But I also stand by my opinion Allen is a creepy lecherous fuck I wouldn't want near any child of mine.

I certainly am not saying that Allen is not creepy, but I don't base that on bogus "facts" that i have made up to justify a rant about how teenagers think.  I wouldn't trust him near any child of mine, but, then, I'd never trust you near any child of mine, either. Your aggressive ignorance might be contagious.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

WTF?  Private schools don't conduct background checks on their hires? :o