News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dylan Farrow accuses Woody Allen

Started by Sheilbh, February 01, 2014, 09:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

What are the unpleasant stories, Celedh?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 02, 2014, 09:50:08 AM
Quote from: The Brain on February 02, 2014, 03:54:45 AM
Hitler wasn't found guilty of any WW2 crimes in a court of law, so I still have his picture on the wall. It can get tiresome explaining this to visitors; people are morans.

I love you.

I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on February 02, 2014, 10:07:27 AM
Then again, Dylan Farrow accusing him doesn't prove her allegations either.  As much as I don't really care about Woody Allen or his films, I just don't find his accuser credible.
Why not?

Why do you think Allen is credible? He's always seemed sketchy to me.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Solmyr

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 02, 2014, 02:26:15 PM
Then again, Dylan Farrow accusing him doesn't prove her allegations either.  As much as I don't really care about Woody Allen or his films, I just don't find his accuser credible.
Why not?

But Mia Farrow seems at least as sketchy.  The evidence in this case isn't even circumstantial, it is purely anecdotal.  Given that the defense is by necessity as anecdotal as the accusation, I don't know why anyone would reach a conclusion at this point about the guilt or innocence of Allen.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 02, 2014, 02:26:15 PM
Why not?

You're sketchy, but I don't think you're a child molester.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Legbiter

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 02, 2014, 02:26:15 PMWhy not?

It's all anecdotal, years after the fact. She could just be another example of vindictive coaching of a kid around divorce cases.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Admiral Yi

So the chick's name used to be Dylan, and she decided that was too butch and changed it to Malone.  :huh:

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

Quote from: Queequeg on February 02, 2014, 11:33:06 AM
What are the unpleasant stories, Celedh?

Nothing too juicy to be frank. Him just being out of touch and really unpleasant with people that work for him. Comes across as somebody that nobody would put up with if he wasn't famous (and talented).

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I wonder if Soon-Yi and our Admiral Yi are the same person.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

katmai

since we are all yi, wouldn't that mean we are soon-yi too?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son