News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 Election Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, January 26, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I guess the fact this congress & the next one are not going to achieve anything is now totally 100%.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2014, 01:18:58 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2014, 12:57:18 AM
Ted Cruz is already hinting at impeachment.  Yay for America.

The Republicans are not going to be fooled by Ted Cruz's act again....well ok not so soon anyway.

Sure they will, especially when the vote him as majority speaker.  Obama may be Cruz's #1 target, but Mitch's private bathroom is in his sights at the moment.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 04, 2014, 08:38:09 AM
I guess the fact this congress & the next one are not going to achieve anything is now totally 100%.

Think it's fun now, wait until Barbara Boxer has to hand the chairmanship of the Environment Committee over to the Senate's biggest EPA hater, fossil fuel industry puppet and author of The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future, Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma.

I suspect President Obama's last 2 years will be filled with veto busy work, doing stuff like killing spending bills with "Personhood Amendments" attached.

Grey Fox

Obama's last 2 years & the first 4 years of Clinton/Clooney/Donkey president of 2016.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

These particular Republicans don't care about the future, not even of their own party.  There will not be a single Senate confirmation of anybody:  no judges, no ambassadors, on executive branch leadership, nobody.  They need to lynch the negro now, now, now and make him pay for his uppityness.

alfred russel

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 04, 2014, 08:38:09 AM

This is not true. The current Congress can't achieve anything because the House wants to do Republican things, and the Senate wants to do Democrat things. So they never want to do the same thing, and nothing gets done.

Assuming the republicans win, both the House and Senate will want to do Republican things. So they will do Republican things. Those things will then be vetoed by the president.

:hmm: GF may be right after all.  :hug:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

11B4V

Seedy your shrillness has reached new heights. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

The Daily Show will be epic, not to mention Chris Mathews.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on November 04, 2014, 11:06:37 AM

The GOP that we once knew keeps getting more and more distant in the rear view mirror, man.  It's an embarrassment.

derspiess

We voted.

Looking for an Ohio GOP sweep :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2014, 11:26:31 AM

The GOP that we once knew keeps getting more and more distant in the rear view mirror, man.  It's an embarrassment.

This I will agree with. But, what is the cause for the Dems to take a big hit like this? Are they just as disconnected?

frunk

Quote from: 11B4V on November 04, 2014, 11:39:50 AM

This I will agree with. But, what is the cause for the Dems to take a big hit like this? Are they just as disconnected?

It would be unusual if the Dems held on.  It's the pattern that elections during a second term president swing to the other party.

Jacob

From what little I've read, the cause is that this time around the demographics in the seats being contested favour the GOP. 2016 looks to be the Democrats' year by the same metrics.

Don't know if it's true, but that's what I've heard said.

Eddie Teach

This year will be dangerous for Democrats in swing states who rode Obama's coat tails in 2008. 2016 will be dangerous for Republicans in swing states who won due to Obamacare backlash. But they can be saved by a strong Presidential candidate.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Obamacare and Obama.  Neither are particularly popular right now.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall