American Poll on Favorite Sports: NFL #1, MLB #2, NCAA Football #3, NASCAR #4

Started by alfred russel, January 26, 2014, 07:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite sports league to follow (Americans only)?

NFL
12 (31.6%)
College Football
13 (34.2%)
MLB
3 (7.9%)
Auto Racing
1 (2.6%)
NBA
0 (0%)
College Basketballl
0 (0%)
NHL
4 (10.5%)
Other, specify below (for wierdos who have to stand out with eccentric interests)
0 (0%)
I am not American
5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 27, 2014, 11:36:13 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2014, 09:53:56 AM
I went NFL. I was tempted to put NBA but realized I haven't seen a game in ages.

Most of the Stanford grads I've met have been pretty passionate supporters of their team.  I was friends with one in law school who basically sat out most of a party that he was hosting to keep track of a Stanford game on TV.  I'm thinking this was around Halloween 2012 -- must have been a competitive game?

Most of them developed that post-Stanford. I have many friends who went to 0 or 1 games while and undergrad who are now diehard fans. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

It can fluctuate depending on how my favorite teams are doing, but for me it's currently NFL, MLB, College Football, College Basketball, then NHL.  Auto Racing isn't anywhere on the map, and I only "follow" NBA when it gets mixed in with other sports news/coverage, and when my coworker goes on & on about Lebron and the Heat.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

I have not watched one NFL game since last superbowl, and that was the only NFL game I watched that year, I intend of skipping it this year, I'll watch the commercials later on the web.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2014, 11:39:25 AM
Most of them developed that post-Stanford. I have many friends who went to 0 or 1 games while and undergrad who are now diehard fans. <_<

Well, they are a better team now than they were ten years ago.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

NFL is not a sport, it is a bureaucracy. Football is a sport, baseball is a sport, basketball is a sport, ice hockey is a sport.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on January 27, 2014, 04:46:00 PM
NFL is not a sport, it is a bureaucracy. Football is a sport, baseball is a sport, basketball is a sport, ice hockey is a sport.

See?  This is why only Americans were allowed to vote.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2014, 11:39:25 AM

Posers.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2014, 05:53:13 PM
CdM attended every Notre SECDame game when he was a student.

You forgot Navy, Louisville, SDSU and the mighty Blue Raiders of Middle Tennessee State.