American Poll on Favorite Sports: NFL #1, MLB #2, NCAA Football #3, NASCAR #4

Started by alfred russel, January 26, 2014, 07:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite sports league to follow (Americans only)?

NFL
12 (31.6%)
College Football
13 (34.2%)
MLB
3 (7.9%)
Auto Racing
1 (2.6%)
NBA
0 (0%)
College Basketballl
0 (0%)
NHL
4 (10.5%)
Other, specify below (for wierdos who have to stand out with eccentric interests)
0 (0%)
I am not American
5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Sophie Scholl

MLB by far, then a tie between the NFL and NHL.  I hate basketball in all forms.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

alfred russel

College football is #1.

It is almost the only sport I follow anymore. The NFL has gotten a lot less interesting around the time when it stopped marketing its big hits and started marketing how it is getting safer. Also when teams stopped running the ball and 400 yard passing games ceased being incredible.

NASCAR quit being interesting when they got rid of the really big dangerous crashes.

I still like MLB, keep up with the scores, and go to a few games, but I don't have the time to really follow the sport.

I don't go to NHL games anymore because THE SAME FUCKING ALBERTANS THAT FUCKED UP MY POLL TOOK MY TEAM.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Neil

Beeb and I both live in Edmonton.  And if you didn't want foreigners voting in your poll, you shouldn't have put it on the Internet.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

NCAA Football, then the NFL, then MLB tied with NCAA basketball.  The NBA has been dead to me since 1995.

I try to keep up with hockey, but it's just one big "Meh" to me.

Tonitrus

DontSayBanana

NFL's the only one I really follow.  Being an American, I can't really get much of a fix on my soccer or rugby, so I skip down to #4 with a very tentative following of MLB.
Experience bij!

Valmy

I am in the middle of NCAA football country so naturally that is what I follow.  I think the NFL and MLB are better though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I went NFL. I was tempted to put NBA but realized I haven't seen a game in ages.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

Beisbol slightly edges out the others, although the top field for me is all pretty scrunched together. NHL and NFL are basically tied for second. I think college sports hold less excitement for me because I didn't go to a state school or an athletically-talented private school.
and the horse you rode in on

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 27, 2014, 09:59:57 AM
College Football, one and only I follow.

I think there is a part of the Alabama Constitution which requires this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2014, 10:01:19 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 27, 2014, 09:59:57 AM
College Football, one and only I follow.

I think there is a part of the Alabama Constitution which requires this.

The AL constitution states College Football is #1, but they also follow other sports, like NFL, NASCAR, etc...
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Kleves

#1: NFL. #2: College football. #3: MLB (though it is almost unwatchable at this point).
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2014, 09:53:56 AM
I went NFL. I was tempted to put NBA but realized I haven't seen a game in ages.

Most of the Stanford grads I've met have been pretty passionate supporters of their team.  I was friends with one in law school who basically sat out most of a party that he was hosting to keep track of a Stanford game on TV.  I'm thinking this was around Halloween 2012 -- must have been a competitive game?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)