News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hearts of Iron IV

Started by Josephus, January 24, 2014, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I mean ok maybe forming an Islamic Caliphate might not be too crazy...but Al-Andalus? WTF?

Does this mean we can also recreate the Byzantine Empire in HOI IV? :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Well yes that's been possible for quite some time...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 03, 2020, 02:45:50 PM
Well yes that's been possible for quite some time...

Seriously? Well then I guess forming Al-Andalus isn't out of bounds if we are already that crazy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

I guess if you're still playing HOI4 at this point you've probably conquered the world as each of the major powers a few times so you're looking for a more extreme challenge...

But honestly how would you even go about such a thing?  What country would you even be?  Turkey maybe?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on February 03, 2020, 02:54:58 PM
I guess if you're still playing HOI4 at this point you've probably conquered the world as each of the major powers a few times so you're looking for a more extreme challenge...

But honestly how would you even go about such a thing?  What country would you even be?  Turkey maybe?

Nationalist Spain who converts to Sunni Islam. Francisco Franco reveals he is the scion of the Umayyads and he just competed his centuries long masterplan.

Syt

Dev Diary.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-formables-and-releasables.1312060/

QuoteBut perhaps players wish to live out an alternate history where the Naha Prophecy was fulfilled and Kamehameha united the Pacific several years earlier. With the Polynesian Empire game rule, Hawaii will begin the game having already conquered the entirety of the Polynesian Islands and built up a fair-sized industry.

QuoteSpain can of course be fractured from the start of the game by selecting the appropriate option in the game menu. However, I noticed Catalonia, the Basque Country, and Galicia simply weren't enough to make Iberia look "shattered" so I took the liberty of adding an "11th of November" game rule, and I will leave it for you all to speculate what that option does.

QuoteWhen it comes to the second formable, one must be opportunistic and take full advantage of the instability in Spain and Portugal. The Moorish people once reigned sovereign over all of Iberia, and owners of La Resistance will be able to restore the long-dead state of Al-Andalus.

Andalusia was once an Islamic Sultanate that ruled from the Iberian peninsula and a beacon of the Islamic world. Through struggles with the Catholic kingdoms in the medieval era, the Andalusians would slowly be pushed out of Iberia, ending with the conquest of the Emirate of Granada in 1520. However, the Moorish people continue to exist to this day in Morocco, Tunisia, Libya, and Algeria, many of whom are descendants from Moorish refugees fleeing the Spanish Reconquista.

Andalusia will be formable by any of the North African countries; Morocco, Tunisia, Western Sahara, Algeria, or Libya. In order to form this tag, one must occupy a large portion of both Spain and Portugal's southern states and forming the tag grants cores on the entirety of the Iberian subcontinent.

But that isn't the end of Andalusia. Similar to Byzantium's "triumph" decisions, Andalusia will be able to sweep across the Mediterranean and beyond, restoring their old claims and titles.

If a player can enact all decisions relating to the Andalusian conquests of North Africa and the Med, they will be able to press on for Egypt and Arabia and declare themselves the Umayyad Caliphate reborn, granting cores on the Arabian Peninsula.

Upon doing so, Andalusia will unlock their final set of decisions, allowing them to restore the entire former claims and titles of the Umayyad Caliphate, effectively reuinifying the Islamic world.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I wish they would spend some time making it be a better simulation of World War II but hey whatever.

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2020, 03:01:57 PM
I wish they would spend some time making it be a better simulation of World War II but hey whatever.

That's never been their thing though. Even back in HOI2 when people started complaining about that, their response was "it's not a WW2 game. It's a Grand Strategy Sandbox that starts in 1936."
I gave up on the HOI series. It just isn't my thing.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Then why start it in 1936? If you just wanted a grand strategy game of this era 1920 would be a far superior starting date.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2020, 03:21:21 PM
Then why start it in 1936? If you just wanted a grand strategy game of this era 1920 would be a far superior starting date.

I think you know why they start in 1936.

The Brain

Tell me honestly: is that the face of a murderer?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on February 03, 2020, 03:23:58 PM

:yes:

And what a murderer he was!

Razgovory

It is very important that the Soloman Islands to be ruled by a guy who looks like Walt Disney.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on February 03, 2020, 03:24:39 PM
Quote from: The Brain on February 03, 2020, 03:23:58 PM

:yes:

And what a murderer he was!

Did he actually kill anybody?

;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011