Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your default?

Fight! Grrr!
16 (61.5%)
Run! Squeeee!
10 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

MadImmortalMan

They say most people have a default choice when fight or flight kicks in. I think I'm a "fight unless I can't" type. Only two choices in the poll, so no "I'm in the middle" answer. It's fight or flight after all. No thinking. :)
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I chose "fight", but it would really depend on my snap assessment of the tactical situation. :P

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on January 24, 2014, 06:36:00 PM
I chose "fight", but it would really depend on my snap assessment of the tactical situation. :P

And whether or not I just ate.  Its usually Fight, because I can't Flight for 30 minutes after a meal, or I'll cramp up.

citizen k

Being disabled flight is never an option. Unless I get advanced warning.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Fight, unless the assailant is a sumo wrestler or something.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

Judging from my history, I'd say fight.

Having said that, it's fortunate that humans have an ability to size up a situation fairly rapidly.
and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

It used to be fight.  Then it turned out having a criminal record ill-disposes one for functioning in the economy.  So now I suffer the slings and arrows.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ideologue on January 24, 2014, 10:44:28 PM
It used to be fight.  Then it turned out having a criminal record ill-disposes one for functioning in the economy.  So now I suffer the slings and arrows.

I admire you for having to deal with that shit. No lie.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

I dunno.  I don't think the hiring process has even gotten to the background check stage in years. :P

Actually, I think the last few interviews I had with the State, where I had to disclose, they didn't mention it.  So maybe they've finally retreated into the mists of time.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Ideologue on January 24, 2014, 11:12:33 PM
I dunno.  I don't think the hiring process has even gotten to the background check stage in years. :P

Actually, I think the last few interviews I had with the State, where I had to disclose, they didn't mention it.  So maybe they've finally retreated into the mists of time.

Good news for you
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2379146

Turns out you're OK after all.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ideologue

Oh, God, I've seen that. :lol:
Kinemalogue