News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pressure Cooker

Started by Sheilbh, January 22, 2014, 03:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I doubt it. My intestines are a mustard gas factory.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on January 23, 2014, 09:42:37 PM
I actually used mine tonight to make this Dutch thing called stamppot.  Basically you pressure cook a bunch of peeled and quartered potatoes for a few minutes.  At the same time you cook down greens (I used bok choy tonight) and carrots in a skillet with a little water, and throw a kielbasa on top of that to steam.  In a second skillet (or an electric griddle, which I used), you fry up diced bacon and onions.  When the taters are done you loosely mash them up and then stir the greens, carrots, bacon, and onions in to them, and then serve that with cut up pieces of kielbasa on top.  Delicious. :cool:

Should be good for beets and cabbage too.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Scipio

I love a pressure cooker. Great for cooking legumes, or for canning.

I also love a slow cooker, cause I'm lazy as shit.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".