News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Car Woes.

Started by Darth Wagtaros, January 17, 2014, 08:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

I got a new 2014 Subaru Legacy a few weeks ago. Going down open highway the other night I heard a loud POP! noise, and then some weird shifting. Turns out my moonroof burst or something. Looks like it bubbled up from the bottom up, and was spiderwebed and had a growing hole in it. It was also during a downpour.

dealership says it isn't warranty work since I can't prove a meteorite came from outer space and wacked it, causing it to shatter from the inside out.  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(  Wants me to put in an insurance claim, which will still have a large deductible.
PDH!

MadBurgerMaker

That dealership seems like it sucks.  Is there another one even kind of nearby?

Capetan Mihali

There are a few different Subaru dealerships around metro Boston.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

lustindarkness

Yeah, sounds like that stealership are been assholes. The moonroof must have been installed crooked or something and the temp change cracked it.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

HOw the hell isn't that a warranty claim?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Darth Wagtaros

That is my question. I e-mailed the managers there last night and haven't heard back.  I'm gonna call my lawyer now. 
PDH!

Capetan Mihali

With the Subaru warranty, you're guaranteed service at any dealership, right?  I'd head over to one of the other ones and see if they don't have a different opinion.  I don't know which one you went to, but I spoke to some of them when I was trying to buy a used car.  I recall at least 2 or 3 located in the vicinity of the Rte 128 corridor.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Malthus

Concur with the mob. Dealer is full of shit, try another.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

1-800-SUBARU3

Time to go up the corporate tree.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Stick it to the man Wags!

And by man i mean El jefe Anger!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

I know how to satisfy

A customer.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Good luck with that Wags. The dealership should have stood behind the warranty and fixed it, bill the manufacturer for it, rather than screw over a customer. Bad word of mouth, poor customer relations.

Jacob

Yeah, were I in your shoes I'd contact the dealership - ideally a manager you can contact directly - and politely make clear the following:

1 - you are quite dissatisfied with the level of service and justifications you have gotten from them

2 - you're pursuing this with Subaru corporate, because you know that the disappointing response you've gotten from this particular dealership does not - at least so you hope - reflect on Subaru as a company

3 - you are sharing the terrible customer service and apparent uselessness of the Subaru warranty (or at least this dealership) with everyone you know, which may include the better business bureau and various relevant message boards

4 - you might want to post on Subaru of America's facebook page with your story and specifically call out the dealership (if you're on Facebook, that is). They'll probably take it down, but whoever takes it down ought to forward your complaint to someone to get in touch with you

At the same time, I'd probably also contact a few of the other dealers to see if they can help you.

Good luck!

Malthus

As a countervailing experience, I had a problem with the sunroof on my 2 year old Forester (it leaked), and the dealer here fixed it up without fuss.

Then again, I guess they are counting on me doing servicing with them, buying accessories from them, and possibly buying my next car from them, so I suppose it is worth it to them.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on January 17, 2014, 03:59:58 PM
Yeah, were I in your shoes I'd contact the dealership - ideally a manager you can contact directly - and politely make clear the following:

1 - you are quite dissatisfied with the level of service and justifications you have gotten from them

2 - you're pursuing this with Subaru corporate, because you know that the disappointing response you've gotten from this particular dealership does not - at least so you hope - reflect on Subaru as a company

3 - you are sharing the terrible customer service and apparent uselessness of the Subaru warranty (or at least this dealership) with everyone you know, which may include the better business bureau and various relevant message boards

4 - you might want to post on Subaru of America's facebook page with your story and specifically call out the dealership (if you're on Facebook, that is). They'll probably take it down, but whoever takes it down ought to forward your complaint to someone to get in touch with you

At the same time, I'd probably also contact a few of the other dealers to see if they can help you.

Good luck!

I would take each of those steps individually, rather than go full-bore right off the bat.  You want to escalate pressure, but not to the point where they just dig in their heels out of spite.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.