Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: Syt on January 18, 2014, 03:10:23 AM
Well, for Nero the hints are:
- There will be fire & darkness.
- Is this a troll attempt ?
Maybe it's a Balrog simulator?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Josquius

So Armstrong is a (low tech and hard?) sci if space colonization game? Interesting.
From the name I was expecting a modern version of race to space .
QuoteWouldn't the ancient world make a lot more sense as a conquer em up?
No. Especially with paradox's grand map overview.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I'm saying Nero is a fantasy game with a randomized map. The EU4 expansion's random map generator for the Americas is a side product of the development.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Syt on January 20, 2014, 04:59:43 AM
New hint for "Nero": There are no provinces in this game.
New hint for "Armstrong": http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=99428&d=1390198236

The wailing and gnashing of teeth over a province-less P'dox game is hilarious. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Maximus

Based on who is developing it, I would guess Nero is based on Norse mythology. Fire and darkness, check. Trolls, check. The pic could be Niflheim etc.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Vricklund

HoI2 introduced "movement is attack". A provinceless HoI4 could be a natural extension of that concept. The picture looks a little like a maginot fort but other than that none of the hints are spot on.

Also, if Nero is HoI4, what's Armstrong?

Syt

So the final hint list for Nero is:

- There will be fire & darkness.
- Is this a troll attempt ?
- There are no provinces in this game.
- Clausewitz as you would never have thought possible. [The engine Clausewitz, not the person.]
- What does the Skald say?

I'm sticking with Norse RPG/Strategy hybrid. Maybe something like King of Dragon Pass with CK2 influences? Or something with tactical battles thrown in? At any rate I can't say how happy I am that PDS is finally doing something else than refining their old formula (something that may have reached its zenith with CK2 and EU4).

Amrstrong's hints are pretty clear: ships, rockets, tech trees, espionage, politics, and a graphic that looked like the attack planning from previous games - I would be very surprised if it wasn't HoI4.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Vricklund

Yeah, you're probably right - Armstrong looks more like HoI4 and Nero is something completely different. Won't get it but it will be fun to see what they've come up with.

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on January 22, 2014, 03:21:56 AM
something that may have reached its zenith with CK2 and EU4
HoI4 is pretty much inevitable. The last game was so-so and as you said, they have learned a lot and made their games more accessible and polished. They would be stupid not to create the cashcow that HoI4 must be.

Syt

https://twitter.com/quill18

quill18 on Twitter:

Project Nero is Runemaster a Norse mythology fueled RPG!

New PDS game: RUNEMASTER. Norse-themed RPG. 3 classes, 6 races. (Berserker, Skald, Runemaster)

Races: Troll, Giant, Light Elf, Dark Elf, something something (too fast!!)

Human and Dwarf are the last two.

RUNEMASTER: Some people trying to prevent Ragnorok, others will try to bring it forward.

RUNEMASTER: Huge, procedurally generated map -- and 6 different worlds.

Runemaster features procedurally generated worlds and features turn based combat. #pdxcon

#pdxcon RUNEMASTER: "Emergent Storytelling" -- something like what you get in CK2?

RUNEMASTER: Actions lead to consquences that lead to different quest arcs

emergent stories too. Quests and storylines change based on your actions. "crusader kings as an RPG". We get to see it today, too

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Question on the forums re: Runemaster:

Quotecan modders create new campaigns? classes? races? spells? skills? how open to modders will the game be?

Reply Johan: Everything

And regarding openendedness: "Our goal is to have the storyline feel as different as between two ck2 playthroughs."

I'm getting cautiously excited about this.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.