No Shutdown: Congress Rolls Out $1.1T Spending Bill

Started by 11B4V, January 14, 2014, 03:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 14, 2014, 01:39:51 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 14, 2014, 12:21:44 PM
The ban on incandescent light bulbs never made much sense to me.  What market failure is being corrected, and with such an inflexible regulation?

Meh, one more way the US will be out of step with the rest of the civilized world.

That's to our favor probably!   :D   I heard on the news that Canada banned door knobs?? Is that true?

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on January 14, 2014, 01:55:57 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 14, 2014, 01:39:51 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 14, 2014, 12:21:44 PM
The ban on incandescent light bulbs never made much sense to me.  What market failure is being corrected, and with such an inflexible regulation?

Meh, one more way the US will be out of step with the rest of the civilized world.
Thank Binky that one of the ways that the US is out of step is that it doesn't impose nonsensical and inflexible regulations when there is no market failure to be corrected!  Even better that you acknowledge this.  :cool:

:lmfao:

Maximus

Meh, I don't think a ban is needed. The people who still use incandescent bulbs will die out in a few years.

Jacob

Quote from: Maximus on January 14, 2014, 02:36:48 PM
Meh, I don't think a ban is needed. The people who still use incandescent bulbs will die out in a few years.

Except grumbler, I hope.

KRonn

Then all of you young'uns will be lost in the dark!!  :lol:

Jacob

Quote from: KRonn on January 14, 2014, 03:07:27 PM

Then all of you young'uns will be lost in the dark!!  :lol:

Ah.. it seems grumbler thought ALL lightbulbs would be banned. No wonder he's against the ban, then.

Ed Anger

I hate the pig tail light bulbs. The sickly yellow light from them sucks.

I have begun transitioning to LED bulbs. But damn, those prices.  :yucky:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on January 14, 2014, 03:09:50 PM
Ah.. it seems grumbler thought ALL lightbulbs would be banned. No wonder he's against the ban, then.

Campfire light was good enough for Ol' Cave 32, and it's good enough today!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on January 14, 2014, 06:24:41 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 14, 2014, 01:59:05 PM
It seems the Vatican embassy truthers won :( :lol:
What's that?
Bush set in motion plans to move the US Embassy in the Vatican into the same building as the one in Italy (for security and budgetary reasons).  This was going to go into effect shortly.  Republicans decided that this was happening because Obama wanted to slight the Pope and all Catholics.  They added something to the budget that prevented the Italian and Vatican embassies from occupying the same building except under certain circumstances.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".