And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 17 - The Final Countdown

Started by Neil, December 29, 2013, 01:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Nice to see the Steelers get knocked out like that.  Not that I thought they'd beat us at home next week, but out of concern over cheap shots and injuries.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on December 29, 2013, 09:51:15 PM
Nice to see the Steelers get knocked out like that.

It's like a late Christmas present.

Neil

So, after today's devastating but entirely predictable loss, I have no idea who I want to win the Superbowl.  I generally prefer AFC teams, but the only AFC team that has a chance is the Broncos.  As much as I like Peyton Manning, I hate Bronco fans and feel that that team has mistreated too many people.  So maybe Seattle?  They seem the most complete.  The 49ers are vulnerable at QB and the Saints seem to be retarded when they're not playing at home.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sophie Scholl

Seriously Browns?  Firing Chud after one season is terrible. :glare:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

alfred russel

Quote from: Neil on December 30, 2013, 12:24:15 AM
So, after today's devastating but entirely predictable loss, I have no idea who I want to win the Superbowl.  I generally prefer AFC teams, but the only AFC team that has a chance is the Broncos.  As much as I like Peyton Manning, I hate Bronco fans and feel that that team has mistreated too many people.  So maybe Seattle?  They seem the most complete.  The 49ers are vulnerable at QB and the Saints seem to be retarded when they're not playing at home.

3 reasons not to support Seattle:
1) Pete Carroll
2) Paul Allen
3) The stadium, that either by architecture or outright cheating, is stupidly loud.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 30, 2013, 09:43:40 AM

Yeah that seems messed up.  At least give the dude two seasons.

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 30, 2013, 10:10:43 AM

Yeah that seems messed up.  At least give the dude two seasons.

I love Chud from his playing days at the U (best memory--going ass over head to catch a TD pass to put away #1 FSU just before halftime in 1988). But I really don't know why the Browns gave him 1 year to begin with.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

Quote from: alfred russel on December 30, 2013, 10:02:56 AM
Quote from: Neil on December 30, 2013, 12:24:15 AM

3 reasons not to support Seattle:
1) Pete Carroll
2) Paul Allen
3) The stadium, that either by architecture or outright cheating, is stupidly loud.
I don't have a beef with Paul Allen or the stadium, but Carroll is a dick, isn't he?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

There's a reason that they're one of the worst organizations in the league.  Every coach is a lame duck.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: alfred russel on December 30, 2013, 10:22:32 AM
I love Chud from his playing days at the U (best memory--going ass over head to catch a TD pass to put away #1 FSU just before halftime in 1988). But I really don't know why the Browns gave him 1 year to begin with.

It seems retarded to give any coach just one year, regardless of who they are. 

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 30, 2013, 10:31:21 AM

The only time I think a one-year firing was justified was Cam Cameron.  A monkey with a random number generator would have been a better HC.

Neil

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 30, 2013, 10:38:30 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 30, 2013, 10:31:21 AM

The only time I think a one-year firing was justified was Cam Cameron.  A monkey with a random number generator would have been a better HC.
And yet he was Ravens OC for four and a half years...  :(

Ed Anger

The Browns need the Sweater Vest. Make the call to Akron, you chumps.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive