Butthurt guy whines about Canada's warship names

Started by Ed Anger, December 27, 2013, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

It's best not to bother reading grumbler's posts that don't pertain to naval warfare.  He's just trying to troll folks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on January 06, 2014, 07:49:04 PM
It's best not to bother reading grumbler's posts that don't pertain to naval warfare.  He's just trying to troll folks.

But I owe him that.  He'd do the same for me!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2014, 07:46:10 PM
I can no longer tell if Grumbler is arguing with people or just insulting people who agree with him.  There seems to be a lot of overlap.

Well to be fair, Viper did tell him he was wrong then largely agree with him.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

:lol:

hey, pot, are you seriously arguing that your obvious trolling is more worth reading than an intellectual discussion of the sources of Canadian identity? If so, then I agree with you that you should not only stop commenting in threads with intellectual disagreements, but not even read them once you realize what they are.  Being all publicly butthurt because someone is engaging in a controversy doesn't do you, or the forum, any good.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 06, 2014, 06:37:21 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 06, 2014, 05:07:41 AM
Massachusetts still had a state church at this time. Nothing to stop Quebec from making Catholicism the state religion.

I think Maryland's state religion was Catholicism.

Heh no.  They had a hard enough time just having Catholicism tolerated, there were anti-Catholic Protestant revolts that took control of the Colony for periods.  If they had actually made Catholicism the official religion I doubt the colony would have made it.  Simply not persecuting Catholics was controversial enough.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 07, 2014, 01:26:09 PM
Quote from: viper37 on January 06, 2014, 10:20:03 AM
He'll agree claiming it's what he said all along.

Lol, and that is exactly what he did.
LOL. Of course: he's my cite, after all. :contract:

I predict that one of you, or viper, (or both) will claim that he doesn't agree with me.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

:lmfao:

The really entertaining thing about you Grumbler is that the rabbit hole is never far away.

Berkut

Are you really pleased that you were able to accurately predict that grumbler would say that is what he was saying all along, when in fact YOU repeated his own argument back to him?

I mean, come one - it doesn't take Nostradamus to predict that if you set out to repeat what someone else says, then in fact they will respond by saying that is in fact what they were said...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 07, 2014, 02:08:48 PM
:lmfao:

The really entertaining thing about you Grumbler is that the rabbit hole is never far away.
:Embarrass:  Damn.  I didn't remember to predict the ad hom, even though I knew you were going to use one instead of responding intellectually to an intellectual argument. 

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on January 07, 2014, 02:47:40 PM

Are you really pleased that you were able to accurately predict that grumbler would say that is what he was saying all along, when in fact YOU repeated his own argument back to him?

I mean, come one - it doesn't take Nostradamus to predict that if you set out to repeat what someone else says, then in fact they will respond by saying that is in fact what they were said...
Grumbler said that Canada formed itself because the colonists felt they were different than the people of Great Britain.  That's not true at all.  He said he took his argument from a book, wich was quoted to say what everyone was saying: namely, Canada formed itself out of fear of the US, not because they were unhappy with the British Empire.

And then he comes, and says he was saying that all along, that Canada formed itself out of fear of US expansionism.

That's total bullshit.  If I was the only one misunderstanding him, I could blame my english comprehension, but it seems Malthus and CC understood the same.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

On a suggestion upthread, I'm now reading Jon Latimer's 1812: War With America. I'll let you guys know what I think of it when I'm done, which may take awhile.

Fliping to the conclusions, the author states as follows on the last page:

QuoteCanadian nationalism had also been strengthened by the War of 1812, and the move towards Confederation was accelerated by Anglo-American tensions created during the American Civil War and the ill-fated Fenian incursions in 1866 by US-based Irish nationalists. These tensions and its own increasing self-reliance helped bring into existence the Dominion of Canada ...

In short, one of the pime factors, but not the sole factor, in creating confederation was a history of animocity directed northwards from the US, of which the War of 1812 was only a part.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Malthus on January 07, 2014, 03:23:23 PM
On a suggestion upthread, I'm now reading Jon Latimer's 1812: War With America. I'll let you guys know what I think of it when I'm done, which may take awhile.
:thumbsup:  Let me know what you think.  I quite enjoyed it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on January 07, 2014, 01:07:41 PM
:lol:

hey, pot, are you seriously arguing that your obvious trolling is more worth reading than an intellectual discussion of the sources of Canadian identity? If so, then I agree with you that you should not only stop commenting in threads with intellectual disagreements, but not even read them once you realize what they are.  Being all publicly butthurt because someone is engaging in a controversy doesn't do you, or the forum, any good.
You don't have intellectual discussions.  You pick a side (occasionally at random) and then fling poo and adhoms until people get tired of arguing with you.  You're just a sophisticated version of Raz.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.