News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by The Brain, December 23, 2013, 08:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Also, wife regifted the rifle I bought her to me.  Score!
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Barrister

I've realized I've become a person with too few hobbies or interests - so that the few I do have were the source of numerous gifts.

In particular, it was a very Winnipeg Jets Christmas.  I got Jets vs Oilers tickets (awesome, except for the game result), a Jets hoody (nice), a Jets fleece blanket (err... well it's very warm around me shoulders right now), down to some Jets boxers :unsure:...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

I got:
a new "tacticool chair" (camo camping chair with cooler)
a programmable learning thermostat (Nest)
another flashlight (I lost one this year)
$ to spend on airsoft (getting a P90/E90 for CQB)
and best of all, a great day with my kids and family and lots of food, my kids are The Awesome :wub:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 27, 2013, 09:31:43 AM
I got:
a new "tacticool chair" (camo camping chair with cooler)
a programmable learning thermostat (Nest)
another flashlight (I lost one this year)
$ to spend on airsoft (getting a P90/E90 for CQB)
and best of all, a great day with my kids and family and lots of food, my kids are The Awesome :wub:

Let me know how that Nest thing works for you.  I've had my eye on one for a while but keep waiting for the price to drop.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

The plan is to install it this weekend, and since it "learns" I guess it will not give you the most savings until a year or more down the road? I have no idea, I have not read up on it yet.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

That thing is going to take over your house and eject you out into space.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 27, 2013, 10:18:43 AM
That thing is going to take over your house and eject you out into space.

Tim's team of scientists will help him find a habitable planet.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

and he's floating in a most peculiar way...
the stars look very different today...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Merry Christmas :)

Got a kindle, a couple of cookbooks, a scarf and socks! :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Darth Wagtaros

I got a Kindle Fire HDX, a digital camera, XBox controller, 2 bottles of rum, 2 bottles of wine, a few books and some dark chocolate.

TV broke so I had to buy a new TV.  :(
PDH!

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on December 27, 2013, 01:09:22 AM
I've realized I've become a person with too few hobbies or interests - so that the few I do have were the source of numerous gifts.

In particular, it was a very Winnipeg Jets Christmas.  I got Jets vs Oilers tickets (awesome, except for the game result), a Jets hoody (nice), a Jets fleece blanket (err... well it's very warm around me shoulders right now), down to some Jets boxers :unsure:...

I take it back - the Jets boxers are very cozy.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

http://www.der-postillon.com/2013/12/heiden-beklagen-unterwanderung-von.html

My (probably sucky) translation from German:

QuotePagans lament subversion of Holy Night by Middle Eastern redeemer religion

Is the polytheistic Occident dismantling itself? Pagan priests in Germany lament that the traditional festivities on 25th December in honor of the birth of the Unconquered Sun God are increasingly undermined by a strange religion from the Middle East. Instead of hustling after the newfangled Jesus-fad, people should remember the origins of the Holidays.

In a press release the Roman-Pagan Priesthood reminds that the birthday of the Sun God (Sol Invcitus) is an elementary part of occidental tradition.

Only the foreign infiltration by southern migrants ("Christians") and converts has led to to a slow corrosion of the actual values of the celebrations.

These days there's even chocolate depictions of bearded men from Southern Turkey ("Saint Nicholas") being handed out to children.

"If we don't face this increasing Political Correctness, no one will remember the original meaning behind the facade of the Holy Night in future," the press release says. This is not about consumerism, the family or any births in stables.

The original message of the holidays unites all people: "With the virgin birth of the Unconquered Sun God we mark that the fucking winter is half way over. If that is no Good News, then I don't know."

"Even stole the sun halo from Sol Invictus: Jesus"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

FAIL! Since they speak of Southern Turkey which did not exist back then.
Besides, the holiday season has as much to do if not more with the Saturnalia, Sol Invictus is another Middle Eastern redeemer religion.

Syt

I can't say I particularly care.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Yet you cared enough to post it.  :P