News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How British Are You?

Started by garbon, December 16, 2013, 11:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/how-british-are-you

QuoteYou got: As British as Stephen Fry walking a corgi outside Buckingham Palace

You're awkward. You're easily embarrassed. You're sickeningly polite. You're as British as they come!

:blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

polite? garbon? i don't think so.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

I'm as British as Kevin Costner's Robin Hood.

But I watched Red Dwarf. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

Also as British as Stephen Fry. But just as I was ready to post this, a guy from a survey company calls and I decide to be very non-British and just said, "No, thanks!".

I'm slightly proud of myself that I didn't waste 10 minutes politely answering useless questions.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

"Probably American. "

I don't like the uncertainty.  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2013, 11:25:32 AM
polite? garbon? i don't think so.

That disappears once I get to know you. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Liep on December 16, 2013, 11:30:02 AM
Also as British as Stephen Fry. But just as I was ready to post this, a guy from a survey company calls and I decide to be very non-British and just said, "No, thanks!".

According to the quiz, I think a British person wouldn't pick up the phone for fear there might be another human on the line.

Are you sure the quiz writer isn't confusing "Anglophilic" for "agoraphobic"?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 16, 2013, 11:28:24 AM
I'm as British as Kevin Costner's Robin Hood.

But I watched Red Dwarf. :hmm:

I was drinking tea as I took it. -_-

Ideologue

I used to drink tea, in the before times when I exercised like eight hours a day, but I don't think Southern style would really count anyway.
Kinemalogue

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 16, 2013, 11:31:18 AM
"Probably American. "

I don't like the uncertainty.  <_<
Same here, except I love uncertainty.  Without uncertainty you wouldn't have statistics.

Brazen

You got: As British as a Dalek serving afternoon tea

There aren't many more British (or awkward) than you. The Empire is lucky to have you.  :bowler:

Can we have a Dalek serving afternoon tea smilie?

Brazen

Quote from: Liep on December 16, 2013, 11:30:02 AM

I'm slightly proud of myself that I didn't waste 10 minutes politely answering useless questions.
But you said thanks. Bet you said sorry too  :bowler:

Admiral Yi

I got probably American.  I assume because I know what a loo is.

"You're sat in the departure lounge?"  Is that a thing? :unsure:

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2013, 11:22:26 AM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/how-british-are-you

QuoteYou got: As British as Stephen Fry walking a corgi outside Buckingham Palace

You're awkward. You're easily embarrassed. You're sickeningly polite. You're as British as they come!

:blush:

Same.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall