1 (2%)
Some dude
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 48

garbon

Quote from: Viking on January 06, 2014, 05:36:30 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_attractiveness#Hair

QuoteHair[edit]
Men have been found to prefer long-haired women.[85][146][147] An evolutionary psychology explanation for this is that malnutrition and deficiencies in minerals and vitamins causes loss of hair or hair changes. Hair therefore indicates health and nutrition during the last 2–3 years. Lustrous hair is also often a cross-cultural preference.[148]
One study reported non-Asian men to prefer blondes and Asian men to prefer black-haired women.[147]

What's supposed to be the take-away? The long haired vs. short haired bit in cite 147 was based on a study of 80 something male undergrads.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2014, 11:02:33 PM
Quote from: Viking on January 06, 2014, 05:36:30 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_attractiveness#Hair

QuoteHair[edit]
Men have been found to prefer long-haired women.[85][146][147] An evolutionary psychology explanation for this is that malnutrition and deficiencies in minerals and vitamins causes loss of hair or hair changes. Hair therefore indicates health and nutrition during the last 2–3 years. Lustrous hair is also often a cross-cultural preference.[148]
One study reported non-Asian men to prefer blondes and Asian men to prefer black-haired women.[147]

What's supposed to be the take-away? The long haired vs. short haired bit in cite 147 was based on a study of 80 something male undergrads.

Way to miss the forest. Men have been found to prefer long-haired women. This is thought be related to long healthy hair indicating a long period of health for the person who carries the womb, suggesting continued long term heath.

Focusing on the one study which claims that guys find hair like their mother has hott has Freudian implications, yes.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

I still don't see how that matters in a debate of languish straight males on long vs. short hair. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2014, 12:20:58 AM
I still don't see how that matters in a debate of languish straight males on long vs. short hair. :unsure:
Because we have to like what science tells us to like. Its the rules.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

It matters since it goes to why straight males like long hair and under which conditions short hair might still be considered attractive. Long hair, like the hourglass figure, clean skin and good teeth, correlate to good reproductive health.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on January 07, 2014, 02:19:26 AM
Because we have to like what science tells us to like. Its the rules.

Sorry. :blush:

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on January 06, 2014, 04:28:28 PM
Quote from: The Brain on January 06, 2014, 04:15:41 PM
Women are like good wine. You store them in the cellar and bring them up when desired.

Oh... I thought you were going to say "you put the white ones in the fridge".

:lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on January 07, 2014, 06:50:39 PM
So, did I win?

You will be first against the wall when the Singularity comes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Siege on January 06, 2014, 08:22:35 AM
I suggest that long hair does improves the female appearance, regardless of facial features.

There's no saving that whacko Miley, pedobear. :contract:
Experience bij!