And we're back!

Main Menu

Is Roger Waters an anti-Semite

Started by Josephus, December 14, 2013, 07:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 15, 2013, 07:33:05 PM
Quote from: Viking on December 15, 2013, 07:31:48 PM
Did I suggest that? I referred to the test and then suggested, independently of the test, that the flying j00 pig balloon might signify anti-semitism.

I was wondering who you were referring to when you said "those who are trying to deligitimize Israel."

The people I was referring to are "those who are trying to deligitimize Israel". So, to answer your question, I wasn't referring to anybody specific.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Well, I don't want to beat a dead horse but that comment came out of left field.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 15, 2013, 07:48:03 PM
Well, I don't want to beat a dead horse but that comment came out of left field.

You can't beat that horse, siegy already threw it in a well.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Viking on December 15, 2013, 06:57:22 PM
Traditionally the 3D test is used to distinguish "legitimate criticism" from anti-semitism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_Test_of_Antisemitism

:huh:
QuoteIt was published in the Jewish Political Studies Review in 2004.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

Did it?  It was the prong of the test I had a specific problem with.

And Woodrow Wilson sucks.  He thought Birth of a Nation was a great film, when in fact it is really long.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 15, 2013, 07:52:23 PM
Traditionally the 3D test is used to distinguish "legitimate criticism" from anti-semitism.

Clearly not one Tevye would recognize.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 15, 2013, 07:52:23 PM

It's been 9 years, darling.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on December 15, 2013, 08:04:29 PM

Did it?  It was the prong of the test I had a specific problem with.

And Woodrow Wilson sucks.  He thought Birth of a Nation was a great film, when in fact it is really long.

Hm.  Pretty much agree with Ide here.  That first D seems questionable compared to the other 2, and Wilson sucks.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 15, 2013, 08:04:29 PM

Big deal, you gave it a C+.

Ideologue

Just a little joke.  I've never seen it.  It really is really long and since I don't anticipate actually finding much if any enjoyment in it, it's on my list, but there are lots of higher priorities.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

The Cronenberg, Keaton and Disney feature movies I haven't seen.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

I look forward to the reviews comparing Mills' and Lohan's versions of The Parent Trap.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

I'm also trying to get to 100 movies for 2013.  That is, 100 movies released in 2013.

I'm at 63.  :Embarrass:  But technically I've got till like mid-January since I can't release any best or worst list till I get a chance to see Llewyn Davis and Blue Is the Warmest Color anyway.
Kinemalogue